Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite hemline?

Default What is your favourite hemline?

Which hemline do you think is most attractive and why? Hair cut straight across, a U-shape, or a V-shape?

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What is your favourite hemline?

My opinion is that it varies by hair type... I like a U on my hair, but have seen really gorgeous blunt and V hemlines, I just don't think they would look good on me........
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Type
    2b/F/iii

I wear my hair down most of the time so I prefer the U shaped hemline that layers give.

Some people like to wear theirs up, a blunt hemline keeps the hair all one length and stays in the updo more neatly.

Waist+/Wavy/Layered Fairytale

Length
    0.5/10/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

My hair is extremely straight so I tend to keep it in a blunt cut. That said, I find it's easier to keep up if it's in a shallow U cut, the ends don't finish up at exactly the same place so it's easier to wedge them underneath the bun if they're spread out.

As a personal opinion, I love U and V cuts on long curly hair. I just like the way it looks.

Length
    5"/?/BSL +
    Type
    2a/M/ii

At first I thought everyone was talking about skirts and I'd definitely say A-line for that. There is an A-line for hair, too, and it's the shorter bob style that is longer in the front and shorter in the back.

As for my hair, I'm going to have a V-cut when it gets long. I have wavy thickish hair and if I don't have it that way I get the dreaded pyramid look where it's bulky on the bottom and flater on top. A definite no!

On the other hand, I've seen some very blunt cuts on straight hair and I think it's very beautiful. Sometimes I see hair so bluntly cut it looks like it was cut with a laser. I like that, but it's not for my wavy hair type.

Length
    apl/uhh/term
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I'm rather fond of fairy tale ends myself.
    May as well have fun with the hair!

Thanks to all who answered. I forgot to include fairytale ends in my post. Sorry about that.

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I very much love the V shaped cut, even deep ones, but I choose not to have that on my hair because of various updos I like doing. Mine does have a very slight V/U I think.

I like the U shape because it lessens the severity of the hemline and can make the hair thicker seeming (to me) when the ends are in good shape. A deep U can interfere a bit with updos but I like the smaller layers on the side that are easy to maintain as long as you maintain the U cut, plus it looks great down.

Some people look sensational with a blunt hemline, but to me it's the more boring of the group.

Fairytale ends, it greatly depends on the hair.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vianka View Post
    At first I thought everyone was talking about skirts and I'd definitely say A-line for that.

You're not the only one who initially thought this thread was about skirt lengths.....I immediately thought "as long as possible"!
    Then when I realised what it really was about - still "as long as possible."
    With a neat blunt finish.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I prefer a layered U hemline. Mine is more of a V at the moment.
    Change is the only constant.