Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taberna Vagantis on Etsy..

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Taberna Vagantis on Etsy..

Soo I ordered this comb on etsy. I loved the style, and thought it would add that extra touch to my dresser. Silly me didn't check the dimensions very clearly. It's a child sized comb. Perhaps it's meant for decoration? Historic re-enactment? Also, in between the tines isn't finished at all, it's got splinters literally sticking out...I waited over 2 weeks for them to ship it, another two weeks for shipping and customs clearence, and I am so disappointed.
    Oh, and when I opened the package, IT WAS FULL OF GLITTER. Why? I don't.. there's glitter everywhere. My hands and clothes are plastered, and it's all over my carpet and keyboard because I opened it at my desk..

comb + glitter bomb..

I paid about 60 USD for this, hoping for a functional piece of art. I'd send it back, but the shipping was nearly half the cost..
    I suppose i can get some fine sand paper and try to finish it a bit better myself, maybe can use as a sturdy pocket comb for smoothing flyaways.. if anyone has suggestions on how to get the tines finished nicely, please let me know.

Now to try and clean up this glitter...ugh.
    Pixie..Chin length...Shoulder length...APL...BSL...WL ​I reached my hair goal!
    Lady Undine Waverunner of the Azure Seas in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Taberna Vagantis on Etsy..

wow, what the heck, why the glitter?!

It doesn't look functional at all, if I were you I would sand the tines as you planned to (I don't have any suggestions on that, I'm not handy!!) and stick it atop a bun that is already secured with bobby pins/spin pins/bun pins as decoration. It's very pretty and would look very nice I'm sure
    It's pretty, but 60USD is an unacceptable price if it's not going to be properly sanded even!!
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Oh I’m sorry. It’s a disappointment when you’ve spent good money and gotten excited about a potential hairtoy only to have it not pan out. I’m not crafty, but there are many here who are. Hopefully few will drop in and can offer some good advice on the woodworking portion. I like Caraid’s idea of using it to decorate a bun.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Oh man, the glitter is really adding insult to injury... It has that hole in the top, so maybe it's meant for a child historical re-enactor to wear around their neck on a string?

You can slide a piece of sand paper between the tines one at a time and sand them smooth, starting with a rougher grit and moving progressively to finer.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Do you have a link to the original listing?

I think you should message them and complain about the quality, and ask to get part of the price refunded. Splinters is not OK!

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That is tiny all right.

If the dimensions weren't stated on the page clearly, you can safely assume that it was supposed to be "regular size"; so I would leave them appropriate feedback on this piece in that case.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

They state in their sales listing that it's functional, but obviously that's a no...

Description
    This historical viking wooden comb is carved from alder wood and is finished in linseed oil. Both sides of the comb are almost identical (you know we are craftsmen not a copy maschine). It's completely functional comb and can be used purposefully to comb one's hair. The teeth are tight, but even for normal hair suitable. This comb is very durable and may be used for many years. With the hole in the middle, the comb is easy to fix on a leather string, so you can carry it on a belt.

Length of teeths: 4/5" (2 cm)
    Length: 2" (5 cm)
    Width: 2 2/5" (6 cm)
    Thickness: 1/5" (4,5 mm)
    Looking at what you got compared to the listing pic, and the unevenness... Nup. As it's not what you expected, and lower quality than stated for a premium price, I'd return it, especially if you paid with PayPal (they may cover shipping).

As for the glitter bomb--wtf? Says a lot.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Eek. If it's got splinters everywhere and isn't even sanded down, I'd pretty much call that non-functional... combs need to be smooth. If you compare the listing photo to the one they sent you, it doesn't even look identical in terms of finish/quality! Theirs looks smooth and the carvings on the listing look way cleaner and deeper than the one you got. How disappointing indeed... It seriously looks half finished.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'm thinking they might be beard combs.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/FT/KL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    Eek. If it's got splinters everywhere and isn't even sanded down, I'd pretty much call that non-functional... combs need to be smooth. If you compare the listing photo to the one they sent you, it doesn't even look identical in terms of finish/quality! Theirs looks smooth and the carvings on the listing look way cleaner and deeper than the one you got. How disappointing indeed... It seriously looks half finished.
    I agree, the comb OP received is not at all like the one listed, it really does look half finished. I would return it, or at least get some sort of compensation from them.