Thread: Hi

Length
    26 in/32 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Hi

I have been reading a lot on here so decided to join. There is a huge amount of great information and the members seem so supportive of each other. My decision to grow my hair actually started when it got damaged from soaking in hot springs. As I was watching piles of hair break off every time I brushed (not gently either) I thought “I really need to fix this”. At its worst point I was in tears almost because I could hardly get a brush through it. So a little research later I discovered it was due to the very high alkalinity of the water, some are over 10 and high mineral content. I used a clarifying shampoo, vinegar rinse and leave in conditioner and the change was dramatic. No more hair in hot spring water for me. My quest to fix the problem lead me here. I have always wanted longer hair, but never really thought it was possible for me. It is currently bsl and has never been any longer and usually varied from apl to bsl throughout my life. I am hoping to learn more and get my hair to grow through better, more gentle care. I have never shampooed more than a few times a week, and will continue that switching to no sulfate shampoos. I have started cwc with vinegar rinsing and it has given me my old soft hair back from younger years. I couldn’t be happier. I have started wearing my hair in a braid at night and up during the day in as gentle a bun as I can. This has really helped and now fingers or a wide tooth come is all that’s needed to detangle. I hope to get a silk scarf to sleep on soon as well. My hair is still a bit fragile but with care I hope this will grow out to be replaced with strong healthy longer hair.

Length
    SL/KL/MTL
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Re: Hi

Hi Kibrah hope you like it here!

Good luck growing out your hair.
    Loose: WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL-FTL-MTL-KL
    Braided: WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL-FTL-MTL-KL

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Hello and welcome to LHC

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hi, welcome here!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome here!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hello and welcome!

Length
    26 in/32 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Thanks you everybody for being so welcoming.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello and welcome to LHC

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    I have been reading a lot on here so decided to join. There is a huge amount of great information and the members seem so supportive of each other. My decision to grow my hair actually started when it got damaged from soaking in hot springs. As I was watching piles of hair break off every time I brushed (not gently either) I thought “I really need to fix this”. At its worst point I was in tears almost because I could hardly get a brush through it. So a little research later I discovered it was due to the very high alkalinity of the water, some are over 10 and high mineral content. I used a clarifying shampoo, vinegar rinse and leave in conditioner and the change was dramatic. No more hair in hot spring water for me. My quest to fix the problem lead me here. I have always wanted longer hair, but never really thought it was possible for me. It is currently bsl and has never been any longer and usually varied from apl to bsl throughout my life. I am hoping to learn more and get my hair to grow through better, more gentle care. I have never shampooed more than a few times a week, and will continue that switching to no sulfate shampoos. I have started cwc with vinegar rinsing and it has given me my old soft hair back from younger years. I couldn’t be happier. I have started wearing my hair in a braid at night and up during the day in as gentle a bun as I can. This has really helped and now fingers or a wide tooth come is all that’s needed to detangle. I hope to get a silk scarf to sleep on soon as well. My hair is still a bit fragile but with care I hope this will grow out to be replaced with strong healthy longer hair.
    Welcome!
    When in doubt, ask anything , you will get answers and support here.
    Happy growing!
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TL-CL