Hello, all! As the title (and my username) suggests, I've had a pixie for a long while. I've tried growing it out countless times, but I always give up right around the time it gets to my chin. But something has shifted and the pixie cut doesn't feel as much like me as it used to. So now I'm making a real effort to grow it out and deal with all the struggles that comes with that. My goal length for now, is APL. Which is a length it hasn't been for over 20 years.

I've been at it for seven months, so it's still very short. My face is quite long and so is my neck, so it takes awhile to get to a proper bob, then to the shoulder. Almost all the layers cover my ears at this point, so it's very close to being a proper short bob vs a grown-out pixie nightmare.

My hair is fine, but medium density (I've had former stylists say that it's thick, but I think only in certain parts). A combination of 2A/2B waves. Not dyed - it's dark brown with a little bit of tinsel. Tends to run dry, but I also struggle with it feeling greasy/waxy. Low porosity so it takes a million years to dry. I don't use heat tools, rarely blow-dry it and try not to wash it too often. I'm open to trying new things to see what works, though.

Everyone here seems to have such great wisdom and genuine love for longer locks and growing them. I'm excited for this forum to be a part of my hopefully successful journey to finally grow out my pixie cut. <3