Thread: Discount thread

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Default Discount thread

Hi everyone. We had a question, about the discount thread. Is there any way to make that private to members only? It's open to the public, and discounts are supposed to be for members only. Right now they are openly circulated on the internet via retail me not for us at least. An admin can respond here or contact us directly to clarify. Thanks!

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Default Re: Discount thread

Anyone able to reply? Or who do I speak with ?

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Try reporting the first post of this thread. It will open up a thread on the mod board, so they'll see it sooner.
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Waiting more than 5 hours for a reply to a non-urgent question is not unusual. We are an all volunteer team, so we are not on LHC all the time. Also, we take the time to discuss things amongst several mods before making decisions.

Regarding your question, there are many websites where people collect and post coupon codes, including codes that were initially distributed only by e-mail to existing customers. Most vendors are aware of this when sending out coupon codes. For those who want to make their coupons available only to select people, there are more sophisticated methods such as associating the coupon with people's accounts at an online store so they have to log in to use it. Many companies do this instead of making coupon codes that can be used by anyone. The LHC staff are not involved with how vendors choose to distribute their discounts; we simply provide a place for people to post discounts of interest. Since this is on topic information, it will remain on the on topic boards.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters