Thread: Bun, bun, buns!

Length
    SL/FTL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Bun, bun, buns!

I hope I am posting in the right place. If not, sorry!

My hairsticks arrived this weekend and obviously I am trying them out. Now, the trying out raised some questions. That I hope you would like to answer

What are the easiest buns to use with sticks? (I couldn't figure out the LWB so I just twisted and then coiled the hair around itself and took a bit of bun hair and scalp hair.)
    How do I know I should rebun my hair?
    What buns will stay in place the entire day without having to redo them?

And last but not least: How on earth does the science of hair-sticks work? What makes them stay?

I love my hairsticks. They are super super pretty, though I do need to take some time to get used to the feeling of buns. I have been braiding my hair for the past years so buns feel incredibly weird. Oops...

Length
    32.5/41/hmmmm
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Bun, bun, buns!

I hope some will help you, because I am quite bun handicapped myself.
    The lazy wrap actually needs quite a bit of length to work.
    I would suggest you go over to the Mane forum, and look there , there is a giant thread on Buns. with pictures. Once you see a few that you like how they look, just go on You tube and you will find tutorials about how to do them.
    The science of sticks, haha, None. Just thread them so that they catch some bun, some scalp hair,some bun, and out again. The easier to hold with sticks are the centre held buns.
    but go see the Bun thread in the Mane sub forum first , really

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't know how long your hair is now, but I'm a iii as well, and it took me until waist to comfortably do buns (buns that stayed). So... depending on how long your hair is, you might still need to exert some patience.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

I am a big fan of JJJLonghair's videos and also Haartraum's videos. From your profile pic, (you have gorgeous thick hair, btw!) you should be able to do a cinnamon bun or a cinabun with maybe some large bobby pins, at least 4 of the large ones. Using a hairstick does require a bit more length for a strong hold. But you look to be at waist now? Or just about there? Just with a few more months you will be able to do a cinabun or the lwb, my favorite. But here are some Haartram's videos for fun. You wil get there! I am a firm believer that watching these hair videos makes our hair grow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIpMdKZu9g

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Hairsticks are magic. I have no idea how they work, but they do. I imagine it has something to do with the tension of the stick in the hair and all kinds of geometric calculations, but I prefer to just call it magic.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    SL/FTL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

My hair is at waist when I stretch the curls out or when it's wet. When dry I need a bit more length but I'm not sure how much. I haven't really measured it, not sure if I will.

Thanks for all the answers everyone, it helps a lot

Length
    12/28/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

islandgrrl said just what I believe - magic! I think it's just so amazing that a twist here and a turn there can mean that a straight object can hold a bun to your head