Thread: Another newbie just saying hello!

Length
    16"/17"/34"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Red face Another newbie just saying hello!

Hi there all!
    I've been lurking here for about a month and thought it was time to commit to my hair and joining LHC seemed like the best way to do so!! I've always been obsessed with hair but unfortunately not in the best ways (more interested in trying new colors and extensions..) and after being on here for a little I thought "why not just take care of my own hair and make IT into my dream hair??" SO right then and there I decided to let my natural color grow out, stop using heat all together, stop brushing when wet, stop using elastics, all that. It's only been a couple of weeks but wow seeing how much my hair has improved, I don't think I can ever go back!
    I'm currently at around collar bone length, and my final goal is hip length (about 17" away currently). Hopefully this site will get me through the months and months of patience this will take

P.S. - my avatar is obviously not my hair, just my dream hair/goal since it is similar in color and texture to my natural hair, and the length I hope to achieve

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Another newbie just saying hello!

Welcome Kirby! Settle in and work towards your dream hair like all of us are doing! Did you stop using elastics all together, or just those with metal on them?

BSL
    - WL - TBL

Length
    16"/17"/34"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thank you Kidso!
    I stopped using elastics all together, besides the occasional scrunchie. The elastics I were using were thin and tight, and with my hair length I can only do a ponytail right in the middle of the back of my head, so it was causing damage in that spot from wearing them most days!

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Interesting...our hair types are very similar, but I have somehow managed to escape damage from elastics. Probably because I use wider elastics and don't pull so tight. I am moving on to more stick buns and scrunchie buns, so I am phasing out the elastics a bit more.

BSL
    - WL - TBL

Length
    16"/17"/34"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Ahh yes, I've had better luck with the wider ones as well! Can't wait until I can get to a length where I can do stick buns too!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome! I'm glad to see you have already jumped in and started to post!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    16"/17"/34"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thanks Arctic! I love being able to respond to people now as opposed to just lurking and reading before I joined