Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone, my name is Rebecca...

Length
    15.5/15.5/27-29
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Hello everyone, my name is Rebecca...

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Long Hair Community forums, and I really just wanted to introduce myself and to get some support so I can steer clear of the scissors.

I originally cut my lovely long hair into a bob for the first time two years ago, after catching the short hair bug, and since then, I've been maintaining length and then giving up and cutting it back into the bob. With that being said, my current hair length is past my chin/mid-neck length, 15.5 inches when I used the measuring guide when I signed up to the forum, and I'd like to be between 27 inches or 29 inches depending on how I feel when I get there.

My hair colour story is a little bit different, I'm naturally a very pretty ashy blonde, and last summer, I decided to ask for 'natural' highlights at the hairdressers and left with a head full of bleach that didn't suit me at all, after that, I had a semi-permanent pastel pink colour, and since that washed out later in the summer of 2017, I have been darkening the colour with semi/demi permanent dark blonde and dark ash blonde to make the bright highlights less of a sharp contrast from my natural growth, but the demi deposited too much colour onto my roots and so I now have about 3 inches of natural colour growth underneath the top part of my hair, with the top section roots having only 2" of my natural colour.

After my final chin length bob cut on the 26th of January to try to cut as much of the dye off as possible, and one final demi-permanent dark ash blonde colour a week-or-so before that, I haven't cut or coloured since and have been taking really good care of my hair, with very little if any heat, only on my fringe/bangs with lots of heat protection beforehand and now I'm just patiently waiting for my natural colour to come back.

I'm trying to get back to the hair I had two years ago, which was mostly natural, with some very subtle touches of balayage and very long and pretty. I used to wear it up in milkmaid braids with sprigs of gypsophila in it, and it was lovely, I truly wish I hadn't tried to change it up, so now I'm waiting patiently for it to grow it out back to what it was.

Is anyone in the same position of growing out hair dye and their hair at the same time? I'm hoping to find some likeminded souls to share progress and this journey with, and hopefully, if I'm successful, avoid the scissors before the short hair bug catches on. I feel like with patience, I'll be able to get back to the hair I had two years ago. I'll post some pictures of what I'm working towards, to hopefully cement the goal in my mind so that I don't self-sabotage again:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0uSrIoshX6Bq4SAP2
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/3lHe0HyBFiMpUGzP2

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Hello everyone, my name is Rebecca...

Your hair from two years ago is very pretty! There are many of us growing out dye as well as growing our hair, myself included. There is a thread here, Growing out Dye, somewhere, where there is a great deal of encouragement and support, if you want to join in the journey! Anyway, happy growing to you and your beautiful hair!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Even when your hair was cute years ago (it's really pretty) with balayage, would you risk it again? Seeing as it went so wrong the last time and the tough time you had of it trying to grow it out? Just curiosity. There is a dye grow out thread on the forum, so you'll find a lot of support there!

Anyway, good luck on your journey.

And welcome to the forum.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15.5/15.5/27-29
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thank you so very much Sarah, your hair is so magical and shiny! I will find the thread for growing out dye for some extra encouragement and thank you for making me feel so welcome, it is always so lovely to find kind people.

Length
    15.5/15.5/27-29
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thank you so very much for welcoming me Lapushka, for recommending the growing out dye thread, and for your sweet words, too!

That's a really good question, at the moment, I feel as though I would be more careful in choosing a hairdresser that I was comfortable with when I achieve my length goal and to find better pictures that won't lead to me being left so very far from my natural colour, although, in saying that, I might reach my length goal and change my mind about colouring it again entirely.

I'll hopefully see how I feel in a year or two.

Thank you so very much for the luck, too, your hair is so lovely!

Length
    15.5/15.5/27-29
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Hello Corvana, thank you so very much for welcoming me!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello and welcome here!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woodwhite View Post
    Thank you so very much Sarah, your hair is so magical and shiny! I will find the thread for growing out dye for some extra encouragement and thank you for making me feel so welcome, it is always so lovely to find kind people.
    Thank you so much! I have had so much help, advice and encouragement here to grow my hair long, I'm sure you will get the lovely hair you are looking for.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Welcome ~ happy growing