Thread: Re-introducing myself :)

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re-introducing myself :)

Hello all! I am actually a long time member of the forum... The last time I was here it looked waaay different! I originally joined in 2003 (wow!) after finding you guys while growing out completely trashed hair from multiple dye jobs and just plain not knowing how to take care of long hair. I grew out to waist length, maybe even almost tailbone length, virgin hair. Then, in 2013 I got divorced, moved and did the typical freaking out woman thing and cut my hair... To above my shoulders. I dyed it red. I did everything I knew not to do. I have spent several years growing it again, but it's just not as healthy as it used to be. I did switch to henna after a few times with conventional dyes . Now I'm about a year into no henna or dye at all. But I'm so confused about how I ever took care of my hair at all. Lol.

I am currently using a diluted suave shampoo. And all kinds of conditioners. My hair sometimes likes cones... And I can never seen to get it to feel silky and soft without them. I also do a dilute ACV between my shampoo and conditioner pretty much every day (I shampoo almost every day). Leave ins are iffy. I remember I used to mist a lot and I'm going to start again. I also used to use a few drops of mineral oil on the ends after a wash. But I have mixed results when I do that now. ��.

So I guess I'm here to start the journey to tailbone length healthy hair again. ��. I look forward to learning a lot and experimenting again!

Last edited by GettingThere; April 26th, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
    My hair history in pictures...
    Getting There Hair!

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Default Re: Re-introducing myself :)

Hello and welcome back

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi!
    Welcome back.

Love your natural color.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome back! Your hair looks stunning in that photo!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you for the warm welcome back! I'm learning a lot already. I'm also rereading my old blog and I can barely remember a lot of those things. This place is as nice as I remember!
    My hair history in pictures...
    Getting There Hair!

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GettingThere View Post
    Hello all! I am actually a long time member of the forum... The last time I was here it looked waaay different! I originally joined in 2003 (wow!) after finding you guys while growing out completely trashed hair from multiple dye jobs and just plain not knowing how to take care of long hair. I grew out to waist length, maybe even almost tailbone length, virgin hair. Then, in 2013 I got divorced, moved and did the typical freaking out woman thing and cut my hair... To above my shoulders. I dyed it red. I did everything I knew not to do. I have spent several years growing it again, but it's just not as healthy as it used to be. I did switch to henna after a few times with conventional dyes . Now I'm about a year into no henna or dye at all. But I'm so confused about how I ever took care of my hair at all. Lol.

I am currently using a diluted suave shampoo. And all kinds of conditioners. My hair sometimes likes cones... And I can never seen to get it to feel silky and soft without them. I also do a dilute ACV between my shampoo and conditioner pretty much every day (I shampoo almost every day). Leave ins are iffy. I remember I used to mist a lot and I'm going to start again. I also used to use a few drops of mineral oil on the ends after a wash. But I have mixed results when I do that now. ��.

So I guess I'm here to start the journey to tailbone length healthy hair again. ��. I look forward to learning a lot and experimenting again!
    Welcome back, I think we have quite the same type of hair.
    What I noticed with mine is it doesn't like to get soaked too much.
    So I added a bit of blow drying on the minimum setting, keeping the dryer as far away as I can.
    Say I dry it like that after dripping the excess water in an old cotton t-shirt of my boyfriend.
    And when it's 85-90% dry I air dry it.
    Of course I keep the dryer above, so the cuticle gets closed.
    I also do CWC and recently I started to LOC. In fact it is more of a LO, I just leave in some ordinary conditioner on the damp-ish hair ends, add a bit of almond oil (it is so light, my hair absolutely loves it)
    No cream. Maybe I will find some cream that I love. But just damp-ish hair, leave in and a bit of oil work wonders.
    Look, this is how my hair looks after I kept it in a bun, right after the above "technique". Really love my ends today:

Last edited by zanelle; April 27th, 2018 at 05:24 AM.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TL-CL

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GettingThere View Post

Woa it's been a long time for you to be here right Welcome back! Just wanna say that it's good to see how you get throught your sadness and start to grow out your hair again, I hope you feel much better and happier now. Really love your hair though, it look so long and beautiful