Thread: Twisting direction

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Twisting direction

I noticed that all my waves went to the right so I've always twisted my hair to the right when doing buns etc.

Is it best to alternate the direction of the twisting to avoid possible breakage in the same spots or would it make no difference?

Would I get better bun waves going in the same direction as my waves or the opposite? I don't normally wear my hair as curly as in my siggy. Its normally more of a wave.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Twisting direction

My hair's not as curly as yours, it's barely wavey, but I twist clockwise because it feels more secure. Twisting the other way slips out so I need to re-do my hair more often which I think puts more stress on it.

I've never observed twisting breakage, which I imagine would mean splits down the front edges of your hair either side of your parting. Or much breakage.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, I think.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

We have a really strong light in the bathroom and when I look at my hair from the back there is a halo or shorter hairs all around the crown. I guess it could be new growth but there I have concerns that it could be at the point where my hair starts to twist into a bun.

I don't know, it's late and I'm bored and thinking too much.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

If that's the case I'd be more concerned with the positioning of the buns and varying that than the twist disection. Mix it up between starting lower down by your nape and then higher by your crown.

I'm sure it's hard to tell but it it's possible to check see if the ends are blunt/split or tapered, even if you need to get your scissors and snip off the very tip of a few to check. A tapered end will be new growth and nothing to worry about.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I could be wrong, but I've got the impression that twisting causes damage in my hair, so I avoid it.