Page 103 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 11061

Thread: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Re: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

I vote toad, too, but then I'm a stickler for correct identification (lol). My gosh, he's a cute little thing!

On another note, does anyone know what time the TimberstoneTurnings sale starts tomorrow? Seems to me I read 1:00 central time on the site a while ago, but there's nothing up now and I'm not positive. Clue me in!

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh man, I think today is my day to fall. I'm eying some stuff in the Ravenslair sale, and I am thinking about corian custom sticks, and a MtM fork. Eek!

Day 15 - not a charm.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Erf. And I'm off the wagon with a thud. These will be my travel pair of hair sticks. One or two more should last me the whole trip.

The bad part is that I'm thinking, "Now that I'm *already* off the wagon, I may as well buy everything I've been hankering for all in one day so I can officially get back on the wagon tomorrow!".

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Here, Nae, have some chocolate...

Hope you don't me having some too, because I'm still in the wagon, but through not willingly... I had my eye on a Ravenslair pretty, but it was snapped up as soon as the sale began, so I couldn't get to it!

Still, I convo'd her regarding a custom... but that doesn't count, right?

And saskia, those sticks look perfect for travelling... I'm sure they'll serve you well... it's a reasonable purchase, really!

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    You have a point, Elenna. While I couldn't say that all hair-toy addicts are also addicted to chocolate, there might be some high correlation there. (At least there is with me!) Those 60th Street sales are hard to resist, aren't they?!!
    Pixna in addition to those stand alone websites like 60th St, ALL those hair toy merchants on Etsy are hard to resist too. It takes a lot of energy to decide what is the most important hair toy in the universe. And chocolate has this habit of throwing itself into my shopping basket. I swear I was not going to get any. Foiled again!!!
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Saskia - well, I say do all the damage in one day so you can get back on the wagon tomorrow! I am on day...11 0r 12 I think? But my new MTM fork came today and it's gorgeous! He made it little and tiny for my itty buns and I love it! But now........I have no toys coming. Now I want to buy something else so I will have something on the way! And I can't even have the chocolate (allergic). Sigh......

Maybe it wouldn't hurt just to browse Etsy.........

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh, it will hurt to browse etsy alright. But I say go for it! And post a pic of the fork too, please. Even if it is just the one he sent you before he mailed it.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

my new fork (I was getting to it, Saskia! ). I love the material, which Saskia had first made into a bunholder (gorgeous!). And he did such a good job kind of minaturizing the fork!

ETA: Look at the fork, not the hair!! Ack! I was in a hurry to get a pic of the beautiful fork and didn't realize my hair looked that bad.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thats pretty Rags and well worth falling off the wagon for!

Saska - do all the damage in one day then you can hope back up for a rest

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hello everyone! I have been a good girl lately but that giant "thud" you heard was me falling off the wagon. I have this perfect storm brewing: I am addicted to hairtoys; I have lots of time on my hands since I am unemployed (2 great interviews this week so keep your fingers crossed); and I am an avid do-it-yourselfer. I got this brilliant idea: since I make all kinds of fruit and flower shapes from marzipan I should be able to do the same in polymer clay and make hairsticks from them. I got a couple of colors and have made some cute flowers. Now I need to get sticks so it's off to the store for some dowels and to my brother's to borrow his dremel.

These projects usually end up with lots of excess materials so we'll have to see what else I can do and how many I make.

Yes, there will be pictures of the finished product when I have completed it