Page 202 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 10570

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

Thanks Alia. I went to Etsy's and ordered some beads and stuff. I can't wait to get it and try it out.

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia1013 View Post
    What is that?
    Dalek. It's an alien from Doctor Who, a British sci fi that can be a bit silly at times. Daleks are usually a bit racist, believing that Daleks are superior beings. They also like to conquer lesser planets and turn the inhabitants into slave labor or just 'exterminate' them. Daleks are often shown shouting 'exterminate' when they aim to shoot humans. You can do more research on them on Wikipedia.

(^_^)/
    BEM

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by swirlytresses View Post
    One more question....where do you find the beads and wiring (?) for topping sticks? I've not seen anything like this at Walmart. Is there a specific type of bead to look for? Thanks in advance and please excuse my ignorance .
    If I'm using the pre-drilled hairsticks, I like to use stick pins as they are a bit stiffer and less prone to breakage than head pins. I also get these from Fire Mountain Gems. I've had a bit of trouble finding stick pins at the hobby stores. (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnn's.) I might have to go to the big JoAnn's. Lots more beading stuff at that one.

A few years back I could always find stick pins at the small JoAnn's near me and HobbyLobby. But I guess they must have gone out of style.

I did have a wild idea about using those T pins. (The ones that are sometimes used on bulletin boards.)

As for what they have at Walmart, is anyone here a real walmart shopper? I usually don't go to Walmart as every time I've gotten a rude employee. So I haven't been in years. Don't go if I can't help it.

(^_^)/
    BEM
    Last edited by bugeyedmonster2; August 10th, 2009 at 11:36 PM.

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Thanks Alia. I went to Etsy's and ordered some beads and stuff. I can't wait to get it and try it out.
    Yeah! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha... you have been enabled. Resistance is futile. We shall rule the world.

(^_^)/
    BEM

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Oh nO! Firemountaingems has ALL kinds of stuff!!! I'm ennnaaabbllleeeeeddd!! .......off to see what else I need . Thanks all, I think.

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Oh nO! Firemountaingems has ALL kinds of stuff!!! I'm ennnaaabbllleeeeeddd!! .......off to see what else I need . Thanks all, I think.
    Don't forget the Shipwreck Beads site....you can get a color catalog as thick as a city phonebook for $10, then get it credited toward your next order. Lots of good stuff and very inexpensive.

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Made myself some Faux Flexis a couple of weeks ago and have finally managed to find some short black sticks so I've now been able to make some sticks to match.

Now I'm waiting for the delivery of some longer sticks to play with. I have loads of beads and pearls as I already make earrings and bracelets.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KarpatiiSiv View Post
    Made myself some Faux Flexis a couple of weeks ago and have finally managed to find some short black sticks so I've now been able to make some sticks to match.

Now I'm waiting for the delivery of some longer sticks to play with. I have loads of beads and pearls as I already make earrings and bracelets.

What great work!! These are beautiful!!

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

What great work!! These are beautiful!!
    Thank you so much.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I wouldn't know where to start making one of these. I would love to though. I like flexi-8's but I would love to make my own custome one in colors that I like. I have plenty of chopsticks I could use and I have some beads on their way to me in the mail, so.......what else do I need? Thanks.