Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introduction!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Introduction!

Hello! I chopped my hair off to a pixie length from APL about five or so years ago for a couple reasons: 1. it needed it desperately, and 2. I was curious. Now my hair has reached BSL and it is much healthier than it was! Currently my goal is to get to my waist, and my ultimate goal is classic. And who knows from there!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luckydandelion View Post
    Thank you so much! I want to get to armpit lenght eventually, but I think setting smaller goals within longer periods will keep me happy and motivated little mind tricks, you know?
    Yea smaller goals will definitely help break up the time it takes to get to the ultimate goal for sure, great idea! As will trying different styles like French braiding, half ups, lace braid at your front hairline etc. Sometimes treating myself to a new clip, hair fork/stick will take my mind off of length goals too

Quote Originally Posted by Saunda View Post
    Hello! I chopped my hair off to a pixie length from APL about five or so years ago for a couple reasons: 1. it needed it desperately, and 2. I was curious. Now my hair has reached BSL and it is much healthier than it was! Currently my goal is to get to my waist, and my ultimate goal is classic. And who knows from there!
    Good luck with your goals Saunda!

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Yea smaller goals will definitely help break up the time it takes to get to the ultimate goal for sure, great idea! As will trying different styles like French braiding, half ups, lace braid at your front hairline etc. Sometimes treating myself to a new clip, hair fork/stick will take my mind off of length goals too
    EVERYTHING that avoids impulsive hair cutting helps for me! Also trying different herbal rinses and feeling like a witch brewing herbs

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That's a great idea too luckydandelion! Have you tried an SMT yet? It's a homemade mixture of I believe honey aloe and conditioner but you can brew it up with any ingredients you fancy really. I'm pretty sure theres a whole thread for it, SMT aka snowymoons moisture treatment.

That's a great idea too luckydandelion! Have you tried an SMT yet? It's a homemade mixture of I believe honey aloe and conditioner but you can brew it up with any ingredients you fancy really. I'm pretty sure theres a whole thread for it, SMT aka snowymoons moisture treatment.
    I read that thread! My hair is way too short for that yet (getting conditioner on my scalp ends in breakouts) but I'll probably give it a shot in a couple months

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ah yes regular conditioner and oiling my scalp has the same effect. I try to avoid it with smt too but a bit on my scalp cause much less shedding than a straight oil would. It's a good secret weapon to have up your sleeve if your hair needs it

Ah yes regular conditioner and oiling my scalp has the same effect. I try to avoid it with smt too but a bit on my scalp cause much less shedding than a straight oil would. It's a good secret weapon to have up your sleeve if your hair needs it
    Oil doesn't cause any shedding for me, but these annoying fungal issues 🙄 I'll definitely give smt a try when my hair is past my ears though

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luckydandelion View Post
    Oil doesn't cause any shedding for me, but these annoying fungal issues �� I'll definitely give smt a try when my hair is past my ears though
    OMG funguses on your hair are a thing!?

Quote Originally Posted by Saunda View Post
    OMG funguses on your hair are a thing!?
    On the scalp, yes! They're usually related to dandruff, eczema, scalp acne, etc.

Hi I am new to lhc too. I chopped all my hair once. I was 9 months postpartum and broke (using the baby shampoo I was given was a bad idea) it really needed it. I think it took until kindergarten to be shoulder length. Maybe 3 cuts to deal with shape of hair.
    I did it once in high school too but can’t remember much of that but that although it is on my shoulders in my grad photos.
    Anyhow my point is that for curls 3-5 years seems realistic time frame.
    You might want to research what (test patch your skin ?) moisture adding things don’t bug your scalp.
    I recently made a coconut milk banana strawberry avocado honey and olive oil smoothie my curls loved it.
    Good luck!!