Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: toy storage...how do you?

Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I keep my hair sticks in a wooden box which is originally for storing incense sticks, My mother gave it to me for storing my hair sticks. My barettes, slides and stuff I have in a nice carton box
    Lady Lavandula of the Nighttime Fields in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/F/ii

For some years I kept mine very happily in one, and then two, plastic 6 drawer Stanley Pack n' Latch organisers designed for holding woodwork odds and ends - sadly my collection has outgrown the boxes and I haven't been able to find another one, so now the wooden sticks, the Mei Fas and the sticks with toppers from other crafters all live in three mugs beside the boxes and the slides and barrettes have moved out into a pink cardboard box. It's not ideal, because sometimes the cats knock over the mugs, and also it means sometimes the sticks need dusting.

Stevy

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

My hair toys are actually the only things that I'm a neatfreak about.. and I use vases.. I love vases.. I've got 2 atm to store all my toys

Ficcares, sticks, forks, combs, slides, brush, cats.. a nice mixture of treasures^^
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Really cool ideas.
    I bought a wooden box really similar to yours melisande at a car boot sale this morning-bargain! it has three drawers top, two middle and one at the bottom. As it's unfinished I am going to decorate it but can't decide wether to use pretty craft papers and varnish or paint...desicions decisions.

Homeschoolmama I think the velvet is a really good idea I will line my drawers to stop my sticks rolling and things getting scratched.

I really like the plastic pocket hangers loads of you have but they don't seem to have much room for sticks and forks. nice to have it all on display though.

My solution has been found but keep adding to the thread though as I am sure it will help others. (and besides you never know how long the storage will last before I need more room lol.)

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Guenever View Post
    My hair toys are actually the only things that I'm a neatfreak about.. and I use vases.. I love vases.. I've got 2 atm to store all my toys

Ficcares, sticks, forks, combs, slides, brush, cats.. a nice mixture of treasures^^
    That looks really pretty...I bet my ds would love to make it a mess lol. love your silver primavera btw.

Type
    2c/M/ii

I use this drawer with a divider in my Ikea wardrobe. I use two of the compartments for sticks (mainly mei fas, so they're small - larger sticks wouldn't fit), and one for ficcares. I don't have that much hair stuff. The other compartments hold my belts.

Iris
    Grew out my henna (February 2007 - August 2009)

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I have several Rubbermaid mini-towers -- in white -- in my bathroom for hair toys, makeup, etc. Each shelf is about 8" long and a couple of inches high, so this works well for sticks and forks. (And, the tops are flat so you don't lose counter space -- just raise it up.)

I also have a behind-the-door hanging thing with small pockets (like the shoe hangers, but smaller) for most odds and ends -- brush, scissors, scrunchies, etc.

And, finally, a pretty rectangular vase on the counter, half filled with flat glass disks, to hold sticks, etc. before they're put away.

No pix. My bathroom is poorly lit.

Account Closed by Member Request

I don't have many, so I just wrap them in paper and store them in a box.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

We got a metal box of chocolate candy for Christmas. I use the emptied box to store my hair stuff on a shelf in the bathroom downstairs. It used to be stored in an empty Pampers baby bottom wipes box, so this is a step up. Upstairs I have a drawer in my bathroom.

Half the time, what I want is in neither place. So really I guess I'd have to stay that my hair stuff is all over the house.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Lots of cool ideas here. Right now, most of mine are jammed in a coffee cup, the rest are scattered throughout the house.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!