View Poll Results: How do you choose the colors you wear?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wear colors that look good in my hair or with my skin tone.

154 56.00%
  • I wear colors whose vibrations consistently make me feel good.

73 26.55%
  • I wear things that fit or that people give me, regardless of color.

31 11.27%
  • I wear only a couple of colors that all look good together to maximize matching..

62 22.55%
  • I wear different colors all the time, as the mood strikes.

84 30.55%
  • I wear things, such as cheese, and that's all I have to say about that.

27 9.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you chose the colors you wear?

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How do you chose the colors you wear?

I tend to wear a lot of brown, grey, and black, because they all go together and are easy to match. I don't have a very big wardrobe so I have to maximize on what I have. I do love color, though, so I have a lot of brightly colored tanks and tees that I wear with the neutrals. Favorite colors? Brown, plummy purple, green, orange. I have to wear black and white to work, and I never feel quite right without any color at all.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Black, gray, navy, slate, any blue pretty much, most blue based purples, some greens, a few pink shirts (2 or 3?)

Brown is iffy on me. It's fine for slacks or skirts, but not in a shirt. It doesn't look bad, but I just don't like it.

NO yellow or orange anywhere - unless I want to look jaundiced. Red is just not good in clothes, but it's fine with my hair color - so got me there. I look more like a walking corpse in red than I do in all black with my black cloak and hood.

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I wear colors that make me feel good, so I chose the positive energy one. I find that those same colors also work with my skin and hair tones, and also that I consistently wear the same types of colors...so I think those three actually link up somewhere along the way. My primary palette is khaki, olive, moss, umbers, black, cream, and grey...then I pop in some color with some yellowy-orange (burnt orange, maybe?) certain reds, blues or purples. NO LIGHT OR HOT PINK. NO PASTELS (except maybe for a light blue on occasion, but even that tends to have darker or grey undertones). I hate them, they make me feel like an incompetent child and they just look silly on me. And NO NAVY, or other "sensible, businesslike" colors. I like earthy, forest-y colors and styles. Thy make me feel good, they suit me, and I'm happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when I wear them
    Last edited by Medievalmaniac; February 4th, 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added on a bit, thought a second post would be silly.
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

I usually wear cool colors: blues, grays, purples, etc. They tend to compliment my skin tone and hair color. But sometimes I just wear a color because I feel like it. Today I'm wearing green and yesterday I wore red.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I tend to go for a mixture of warm, dark, vibrant colours (ie. burgundy, brown, purple) and strong ocean colours (various shades of blue and green). I don't think I own anything red, pink, or white; my complexion is very pink which red/pink brings out, and white tends to reveal all my lumps and bumps. I avoid pastels too, since I figure if I'm going to do colour, I should do it properly. I used to wear a lot of black, but not so much these days.
    Last edited by pepperminttea; February 4th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I love reds, golds, browns, burgundies, (basically any autumn color) and jewel tones -- they happen to look good with my skin tone, but I wear them because they make me feel bright and cheery!

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My clothes are about 75% black, 15% red and 10% purple. I've loved red since as long as I can remember, and only recently have I gotten into wearing purple. I think that both red and purple bring out my very green (and orange) eyes; but I don't know if I really choose my colors to match what looks good with my eyes or skin, it's really just about what my favorite color is at the time. Sometimes I like to wear lime green
    October 2011!
    Usually, I own everything. But sometimes, a tank comes out of nowhere.

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I voted colors that look good, make me feel good, and few colors although the last one comes with a caveat that it's not really about matching-- just that I really only like a few colors on me.

My clothes are predominantly black, grey, and blue-green/teal because I feel the prettiest wearing them. Grey is my favorite color too, so that factors in... I do wear other colors, but don't have as many-- mostly darker, more muted or gray-ed colors (cooler colors too) with brighter greens mixed in.

ETA--> Aaaannnd, then there's my random, periodic infatuation with orange... as evidenced in my siggy.

(hennahead)

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

I am extremely bad about matching one piece of clothing something to another piece of clothing something; it just almost never works out right. I tend to avoid orange always and yellow unless I have a very dark tan; those two colors make me look sickly or dead. So I guess you could say I sort of wear colors that look good on me or match my skin tone. Oh and bright red is usually a bad color for me since it makes my face look red which means if I am wearing bright red and yellow (think ketchup and mustard) I look red and jaundiced. I still wear bright reds anyway. I love color, so I also just wear what appeals to my eyes. Bright green looks awful with my skin, and makes me jaundice, but I love it so much that I wear it way more often than I should. But since I have given up on every really matching, except by accident, I tend to wear whatever fits and is clean. Colors don't portray or give off feeling or vibrations to me. Jewel tone green and charcoal grey are my favorite colors and I definitely wear those colors more often than others.
    Last edited by ZaBasDa; February 4th, 2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    Please view my dragons
    http://dragcave.net/user/ZaBasDa

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I definitely go with colours that match my hair. I see myself as an autumn-type. I choose the same colours for my hairforks and sticks. Brown, orange, green and some types of grey. When I have a more 'blonde' day, I go for light blue clothing.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be