Page 4 of 711 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

I don't know where I will grow...I'm just about 1" below classic but I will go for upper thigh.
    How far I will go I can never say until I actually see the length on me.
    Also I still have 20% layers and 45% chem. dye in my lengths...so I can not say yet wheather the taper will improve when that is gone. So far my virgin hair seems a bit thicker but I am unsure wheather this will be noticeable all the way towards the ends.
    I know I can have nice ends at TB...I'm optimistic they could be semi blunt at classic length. But further? I have no idea.
    (It is not just the very ends...my whole lengths gradually taper and my hair is an "i" starting at midback.)

Length
    short/long/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I was at 56" (tippy tips only) which is knee length on me. Then I cut off 10" and am now at classic, but with blunt, much thicker ends. I'm looking forward to growing again to knees and/or beyond, this time trimming to keep the ends blunter. It'll probably take 2 years or so, unless I get extra growth or stall months.

My shortest length growing out from both a regrowth period and face-framing fringe is 12", so that'll take a great deal longer to catch up if I let it - maybe 9 years. Right now I am planning on letting all of it grow, but I reserve the right to change my mind!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I’m at a mid thigh and I have no idea how long I’m going to let it grow

It’s funny, because I have never felt so “at home” with my hair and length as I am now. Did that make any sense?

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Igor - makes perfect sense to me! I had mine nearly knee once before, but it was fairytaling and the thickest part was from about an inch below tailbone til classic. I have been wanting to be back here where I am now for ages, and I'm happy now that it's happened and in MUCH better shape than the last time.

It's fun to see how many other people are still stuck in the Great Thigh Expanse.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by JamieLeigh View Post
    It's fun to see how many other people are still stuck in the Great Thigh Expanse.
    I admit....I'm always a little on the shy side when someone asks me how long my hair is. I mean, saying "thigh" length sounds sort of....well....goofy. Thigh covers about 10-12 inches, so there isn't any defined spot and it seems weird to me. At least knee is a particular spot.

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by harpgal View Post
    I admit....I'm always a little on the shy side when someone asks me how long my hair is. I mean, saying "thigh" length sounds sort of....well....goofy. Thigh covers about 10-12 inches, so there isn't any defined spot and it seems weird to me. At least knee is a particular spot.
    I usually just say "It stops a little past my butt". LOL. You're right - thigh is a long area, and it really doesn't help people get a true mental picture, if they ask.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    ?/56.5/50
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Count me in too! I'm hoping to reach knee by my next birthday, in July. Hopefully, I'll be able to trim once or twice between now and then!
    "Sorry don't get it done, Dude." -- John Wayne in "Rio Bravo"
    ?/56.5/50~2b/c~ii (I'm 5'4" tall)

Length
    12/48/term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I'm already inpatient. I'm just barely classic and I want to be at knee!
    Hippie at Heart

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

What a great thread!! Since my hair is growing every day and I am a very patient woman. it will not be long. Until then, I will be admiring all the beautiful hair!! What an inspiration.

I am noticing I need to get some pictures on order to see the difference. It is so fun to see others, I want to join the fun!

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm stuck at 47", have been for months, with my sadly damaged ends. It's actually just fairytail ends floating around below the butt area.

I would love to get to knee, I think it is such a nice length for the more complex updos that I want to try. I don't think I would be able to comfortably brush/detangle my hair below knew, though. It will take me a couple of years to get there what with having to trim every six months or so to nip off the broken ends and try to thicken up my almost non-existent hemline. Patience is a virtue...

Slow day: Didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on LHC. Busy day: Managed to work in three hours of LHC. Bad day: Barely squeezed in three hours on LHC.