Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Length
    3/3/20
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Growing as Long as It will Go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

I started without a goal in my mind. But am sure to hit the Terminal length some day. It was an experiment I started it as. In another 3 months I'm going to be 4 years without a cut. The people who once discouraged me from growing my hair are now awed by the length and my persistence. Ofcourse there are lot many who still think I looked better in short hair. Now if I pull down my curl, it almost touches the waist. Hope to reach the terminal very soon..

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have finally decided that I want to grow my hair to terminal length! I absolutely love long hair.
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Am getting close to classic,I think.My goal is a long v cut to my mid thighs if it will be possible and not thin out too much.Time will tell.If it thins out too much at that length,will keep it hip to classic in the future.

Length
    17/17/26
    Type
    3c/4a/F/ii

Hello, I'm obviously a newbie but I want to watch this thread closely so I can learn the patience it takes to not chop and dye every few seasons and perhaps pick up some techniques, but what I want to pick up is the 'mindset'. I am a strong believer in mindsets.

I am one who grew my hair out as long as it would grow, which turned out to be around mid-calf length. I sometimes felt it swish my ankles, but I don't think it was ever at ankle length. I never thought of growing it out to terminal length. I simply thought I just wanted it to grow as long as it will be, whatever that was. I thanked God for the length. I cut it off cause it got in a knot I could NOT get out. So now it's just past (barely) shoulder length. So, I'm starting over. Terminal Length for each individual is unique. I don't think of growing length the way you do. I simply think I'll grow it as long as it'll go, and be happy with whatever length it is.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    17/17/26
    Type
    3c/4a/F/ii

Heidi, beautiful story. Do you have any advice as far as trimming, and keeping yourself from trying new things so you can stay consistent? Or do you allow yourself to experiment without negative impact?

Relentless Reenactor Fiferstone's Avatar
    Length
    18/38/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I was hoping for classic length, but being a fine-y, I seem to be hovering at hip/tailbone without any appreciable increase in length, so I may very well be at terminal. I find that I'm keeping it up most if not all of the time, which limits the damage quite a bit.
    Lady Marigold of the Far Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/M/iii

Fiferstone, how long have you been growing? Perhaps your hair is just in a stall at hip/tailbone. Personally speaking, I wouldn't consider I'd reached terminal length until a good 10 years had passed. If you hadn't grown longer than hip/tailbone by that time, then you'd know that that was your terminal length.

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Madora, I am in much the same boat as Fiferstone, similar hair type and similar length, 34inch/hip. I have a fairly thick hemline, healthy ends and I trim about 1/4 inch every three months. I know my hair is growing at a nice pace (just under 1/2inch per month) because my roots are showing where my hendigo grows out. After hovering at hip length for 6 months, how much more length could I see after waiting for 10 years? I grew my hair from childhood for 25 years (with deplorable care) and never got much longer than this, although my ends were in tatters. My hair looks better and is thicker now that ever, but I'm still disappointed that this is all I get Do you really think it's possible that I'll get more length?

Length
    18 in/18in/floor

I'm curious to see how long my hair will grow, can I join?
    I'm only at shoulders just now, and my official goal is about the middle of my back but when I reach that, I think I'll keep going out of curiousity.