Page 607 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617657707 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 11061

Thread: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Default Re: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

I'm in big trouble...
    In the last week or so, I've bought:
    -2 Leginayba forks (a 2-prong and a 4-prong)
    -Set of 10 wooden hair stick blanks for beading
    -Set of 4 forks from Ebay

I'm also going to try to order two sets of acrylic sticks from Outnumbered Novelties.
    My dad said he would make me two sticks on his lathe.
    Annnd, when I reach my goal weight (working on losing 20 lbs.) my husband is going to buy me a Ficcare.

I should be set for a little while.

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalPilot View Post
    I'm in big trouble...
    In the last week or so, I've bought:
    -2 Leginayba forks (a 2-prong and a 4-prong)
    -Set of 10 wooden hair stick blanks for beading
    -Set of 4 forks from Ebay

I'm also going to try to order two sets of acrylic sticks from Outnumbered Novelties.
    My dad said he would make me two sticks on his lathe.
    Annnd, when I reach my goal weight (working on losing 20 lbs.) my husband is going to buy me a Ficcare.

I should be set for a little while.
    ...you think so? BWAHAHAHA!!!
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14in/27in/40in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I am so sad I have recently moved across the country and have not been able to afford a single hair toy in about 4 months... I think I am going through some serious withdrawal here... *sigh* does anyone have any advice to make the pain any less? Oh, or maybe some tips how to get into some money that dont involve illegal activity? :P
    I want my hair to be waist length NOW!
    Henna addict in the making and proud owner of a steadily growing collection of oils and butters and hair toys

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

That is it. I have WAY too many hair toys. I am going to have to make some hard decisions in the next little while about what I can let go. It's time to stop hoarding and seriously look at what toys I have ended up using the most. I bought a lot while I was learning what fit my lifestyle and my hair. Now it's time to let go of the things I don't use, no matter how much I love them.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

When you put the hairtoys that need new homes up on the swap board, you know that they will come to loving and appreciative homes, Saskia. Come to think of it, some of my hairtoys really need new homes as well. I don't really have time to sort them out right now though - it will probably have to wait until autumn.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Oh, Saskia! My hair-toy collection is about to reach triple-digits, but I'm still in the hoarding stage... but I understand you. Good luck deciding which pretties to send to new homes (and don't forget us fellow addicts)!

Last week, I spent almost all my hair-toy budget for the month (or is that 'summer'?) on the Swap Board... plus Mike from Hacksaw007 is finishing a custom for me (such patience he had!)... and I still want more! Every time you fellow collectors post a link to a new seller, I want something else! Plus I've been making my own hair-sticks (finished a pair this weekend, have the topper for a single one curing)!

I need to go to hair-toy rehab.

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't know what happened, but I think I fell out of love with hair toy buying. Honestly, I've been buying a lot of pens lately, which is more ridiculous than hair toys because the pens are more expensive. The only hair toy I've bought recently were a few forks from 60th street. To me, that's just practical, because that is what I use almost 90% of the time.

And Alvrodul is right - I know selling them here means they go to loving homes. Maybe when it comes time to part with some items, I won't be able to let some that I never use anymore go. A few of my Ravenslair shelots come to mind. I don't use them much, but I love them too much to let them go. But there has to be SOME in there I could part with.

Maybe.

maybe.

Length
    24/36/36-40
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Don't know if you octopus lovers have seen this yet, but it's super adorable!! Too bad I don't really care for them.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/44137289...ref=v1_other_1

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Saskia, you've got a lot more courage than I do! I've got so many beautiful toys that I'm not wearing right now because I only wear my 60th Street forks. However, I've been known to be fickle with my hair toys, and it's possible I could go back to sticks at some point. If I did, I'd regret giving up all my beauties. And I have some toys (forks) that are no longer being made, so I view them as heirlooms of a sort. Maybe one day I'll be as courageous as you are!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I doubt I'll give sell the ones from makers that are no longer working. But who knows? Maybe when I try to sift through them I won't be able to let go of any.