Page 275 of 277 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2769

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

A girl sitting next to me in a taxi asked me if that was my natural hair. She said my hair was nice/long and it motivated her to keep growing hers...she'd been seriously considering cutting her hair. She had probably type 3c or 4a hair, I'm guessing about APL. Though I can't know for sure.
    I guess she wanted to cut hers because she does frequent wash-and-go's and a new hairstyle everyday, I can imagine that might get tiresome after a while.
    Last edited by luxurioushair; December 15th, 2023 at 03:08 AM. Reason: TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/34"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

The little girl I babysit told me I have princess hair yesterday. I had my braided bun and my hair was quite greasy, but I felt so beautiful after that I could've cried
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

That reminds me of the time one of my little students told me my hair looked like fireworks. Children are so precious.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    18"/34"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    That reminds me of the time one of my little students told me my hair looked like fireworks. Children are so precious.
    What age do you teach, if you don't mind my asking. The girl I babysit is almost 5 and I love this age! They are old enough to play games with and talk to, but young enough that there is still magic in everything. My favorite thing to do with her is to catch dandelion fluffs and tell her they are fairies
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

When I was about 20 I worked in an after school program. The first time one of the girls (a 7 yr old) saw me, she yelled, "It's Miko Barbie!!"
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    What age do you teach, if you don't mind my asking. The girl I babysit is almost 5 and I love this age! They are old enough to play games with and talk to, but young enough that there is still magic in everything. My favorite thing to do with her is to catch dandelion fluffs and tell her they are fairies
    I teach music lessons to all ages, but I do have a bunch of little ones in that age range. They have such a different and vibrant way of looking at the world. It's definitely a good reminder to see joy in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    When I was about 20 I worked in an after school program. The first time one of the girls (a 7 yr old) saw me, she yelled, "It's Miko Barbie!!"
    That's so precious! Shout out to Barbie for making dolls of all cultures with beautiful long hair.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    That is the cutest.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I wear a santa scrunchie around my bun for work this week and last. It's gotten a lot of smiles and comments.

Wednesday:

Older woman: "Has anyone taken a picture of it?"
    Me "No."
    Woman: "I want to take a picture! Wait while I get my phone!"
    She returns while I'm putting on my scarf and jacket:
    "Go out! It's better light there! A bit further, where the ligth is better! Lower your cheek a bit!"
    She then proceeds to take pictures from several angles and seems happy with her work.

I find this very sweet and being that serious in taking bun pictures, she could be a member here

Another woman couldn't stop looking at the back of my head and smiling while I cleaned her bathroom.

Last Friday, one of my customers had a visitor and they commented on my scrunchie. The customer then went on telling the other man:
    "You should see what other things she wears in her hair! She wear bones (legs and bones are the same word in Swedish) and other exciting things!" He made gesture to demonstrate somtehing hugh.
    Me: "I'm not wearing an entire leg in my hair... It's the bone of a customer who didn't pay their bill!"

Here's the now famous santa:

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I wear a santa scrunchie around my bun for work this week and last. It's gotten a lot of smiles and comments.

Wednesday:

Older woman: "Has anyone taken a picture of it?"
    Me "No."
    Woman: "I want to take a picture! Wait while I get my phone!"
    She returns while I'm putting on my scarf and jacket:
    "Go out! It's better light there! A bit further, where the ligth is better! Lower your cheek a bit!"
    She then proceeds to take pictures from several angles and seems happy with her work.

I find this very sweet and being that serious in taking bun pictures, she could be a member here

Another woman couldn't stop looking at the back of my head and smiling while I cleaned her bathroom.

Last Friday, one of my customers had a visitor and they commented on my scrunchie. The customer then went on telling the other man:
    "You should see what other things she wears in her hair! She wear bones (legs and bones are the same word in Swedish) and other exciting things!" He made gesture to demonstrate somtehing hugh.
    Me: "I'm not wearing an entire leg in my hair... It's the bone of a customer who didn't pay their bill!"

Here's the now famous santa:
    I love this! Such a simple and fun accessory spreading so much Christmas joy!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hubby and I went to have lunch at a restaurant today, there are always half a dozen men standing at the bar chatting and having a drink. As we walked in the door they said hello, then one of them said "I hope you haven't chopped your lovely long hair off" and I said "Certainly not" and he smiled and said, "If you ever do cut it off, make sure it's at the right time of the month, if you do it on the wrong day it won't turn out right." Another man chimed in and said "I cut mine off not long ago and it must have been on the wrong day because it feels really odd now." and they all laughed. They do enjoy being witty!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR