Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1409

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Thanks Ktani for great ideas , I been colouring a lot and most of the time full head and I guess that is a no no.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
    Thought I would post my results. Im pretty happy with the coconut oil pre-soak. Pictures to show results

Both pictures are with the same hairdresser and the same bleach. (yeah I know, nobody in there right mind would go back after the 2008 disaster)
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ctureid=129554
    Fantastic! Wonderful results!

Quote Originally Posted by Perelka74 View Post
    Thanks Ktani for great ideas , I been colouring a lot and most of the time full head and I guess that is a no no.
    It is not really necessary, in my opinion and by not doing that, you decrease the chances of damage.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

just wanted to say that i tried slathering my hair in vigin coconut oil before getting my bleach highlights done on thursday, and my hair has never felt to normal after having it done! normally my hair goes so dry and brittle, but this time i could hardly notice a difference away from my hair before i went into the salon I did also apply a deep treatment/coconut oil/amla mixture for a few hours afterwards but i could definitly notice a difference even before that on wet hair, no 'mushyness' at all

Type
    1b/M/ii

Alright, I'm trying this today.

Just oiled my hair with coconut oil, and I'll leave it in for a few hours before I dye it black with Revlon Color Silk. It is ammonia free, but contains peroxide. I'll be back with updates.

Type
    1b/M/ii

I think I'm loving the results. The color looks nice and even, although I have a lighter spot near my forehead, which could be from over-oiling, or simply me not applying enough dye there. I think the oil made it a little harder to tell if my hair was properly saturated with color. Overall, my hair feels really soft and looks shiny, although my ends are a tad dry (although I didn't dye my ends, so not sure why).

I think this is the start of something good though!
    Last edited by Tristania; August 17th, 2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Length
    27/Clasc/48
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I have coconut oil sitting in a piece of hair right now. I'll put some peroxide in it and let you guys know what happens

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Perelka74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    It is not really necessary, in my opinion and by not doing that, you decrease the chances of damage.
    Actually, it is kind of necessary unless you colour with the same shade every time
    (That's what all the dye the instructions tell as well, for what it's worth; even when using the same shade, they tell to first spread the dye to roots and then later to the ends.)
    I like to try different ones, but with this wonderful coconut oil method I've been able to avoid any bigger damage

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    Actually, it is kind of necessary unless you colour with the same shade every time
    (That's what all the dye the instructions tell as well, for what it's worth; even when using the same shade, they tell to first spread the dye to roots and then later to the ends.)
    I like to try different ones, but with this wonderful coconut oil method I've been able to avoid any bigger damage
    Instructions tell you to 'refresh' the ends that way, it's horribly damaging and often unnecessary because many DO stick with the same dye. After six treatments you have done an extra half an hour of processing time, assuming five minutes each time - imagine that over the life of long or ultra long hair. When I was blonde I never bothered pulling the colour through to the ends, at one point my hair was also permed and not fried.

Years later when I went red my hair did end up in poor shape, thinking about it after finding LHC and NC my ends had SO much processing time between switching to a different red box dye a couple of times and 'refreshing' the ends every six to eight weeks. Now I'm back to only doing the roots blonde, the red colour comes from a high pigment semi permanent which is totally non damaging, my hair is much less porous.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    Instructions tell you to 'refresh' the ends that way, it's horribly damaging and often unnecessary because many DO stick with the same dye.
    Yeah, I agree it is if you stick with the same shade, that's why I said "for what it's worth" (regarding those instructions)

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

What a valuable thread

How about refreshing the lengths with a v.10 developer (3%peroxide) over coconut oil?

By going darker I think you do experience some fading, how can you not refresh the lenghths once in a while?