Page 61 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Details on killerstrands bleach soap cap
    ".... formula can be strengthened or weakened by decreasing ... amounts of shampoo & conditioner used, or by diluting with more of the same. .... When .... product is applied, the conditioner and shampoo act as buffers for the bleach formula, making it easier on the hair and scalp. Although .... formula seldom causes discomfort, always be aware that it is a decolorizing .... formula .... has a higher pH than most Tints. BE VERY CAREFUL TO WATCH HAIR as it lightens....do not leave it on and do other things - BAD IDEA."
    http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/20...each-soap.html

It can be stronger than I thought.
    Last edited by ktani; March 15th, 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: adjust text

Allergic contatact response to pure henna

".... because of its low allerginicity, contact dermatitis to henna seems to be rare in individuals without occupational exposure .... majority of cases of allergic contact dermatitis to henna are associated with the application of coloring agents (usually PPD) to produce more intense coloration as well as to reduce fixation time .... Natural substances such as lemon oil, vinegar, and eucalyptus oil are added to obtain different shades .... Our patient used vinegar to enhance the effect of henna. .... there was no reaction at the site of vinegar only, there was a stronger reaction at the site of pure henna mixed with vinegar compared to henna alone. Vinegar might have contributed a nonspecific irritant effect or may cause a chemical change in the henna such that it is more allergenic."
    http://dermatology.cdlib.org/1501/le...nna/polat.html
    Last edited by ktani; March 16th, 2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    15.7/15.7/31
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Tataaa here are my pics

Before:

After:
    Daylight (here you see very well the reddishness:

pure daylight

Indoor with flash

It was a pain to get out the vaseline. I had to shampoo it at least 3 times.

Well, the ends are definetly a bit more brittle, but I will cut them off gradually on my way back to some length.
    The rest is in fairly good conditions, considering all the bleaching together. I put some Colorance 10 V on it tonight, to get rid even more of the yellow-orange tint.

what do you think?

chico

Quote Originally Posted by ChicO View Post
    Tataaa here are my pics

Before:

After:
    Daylight (here you see very well the reddishness:

pure daylight

Indoor with flash

It was a pain to get out the vaseline. I had to shampoo it at least 3 times.

Well, the ends are definetly a bit more brittle, but I will cut them off gradually on my way back to some length.
    The rest is in fairly good conditions, considering all the bleaching together. I put some Colorance 10 V on it tonight, to get rid even more of the yellow-orange tint.

what do you think?

chico
    Thank you so much for the pictures. Indoor with flash always makes hair look darker and more gold. I think the colour difference is great and in pure dayight, you look very blonde. Fantastic!

How do you classify this result because of your ends, some damage, no damage? I want to be accurate.

Length
    15.7/15.7/31
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Ok, I would say:

What I See: so far no splits, I guess or I assume, the hair lost some substance during the process. But maybe i regain that over time with oiling, probably some cassia, once the color settled.

What I feel: After shampooing def. a little stiff, but after conditioning, absolutely silky and soft. Once dry: no tangling, soft and silky.

I will baby my hair now, before renewing with color touch. Today I went swimming and heavily oiled my hair before with the same mix (coconut, argan and hemp oil). Afterwards shampooing with sulfate-free and conditioner.

I will closely watch my hair now - do some microtrimms, also.

hth
    chico

Ok, I would say:

What I See: so far no splits, I guess or I assume, the hair lost some substance during the process. But maybe i regain that over time with oiling, probably some cassia, once the color settled.

What I feel: After shampooing def. a little stiff, but after conditioning, absolutely silky and soft. Once dry: no tangling, soft and silky.

I will baby my hair now, before renewing with color touch. Today I went swimming and heavily oiled my hair before with the same mix (coconut, argan and hemp oil). Afterwards shampooing with sulfate-free and conditioner.

I will closely watch my hair now - do some microtrimms, also.

hth
    chico
    Thank you. Then until or unless you report otherwise, I will classify your results as no damage reported.

Length
    15.7/15.7/31
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Yes, there is def. no severe damage. And my ponytail is as thick as it was before. No breakage when I comb through.

chico

Yes, there is def. no severe damage. And my ponytail is as thick as it was before. No breakage when I comb through.

chico
    Thank you again. I added your extra posts, to make your report easily accessible to others, as complete as you very kindly gave it.
    Last edited by ktani; March 16th, 2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Chico, frequent protein treatments (1-2 times a week) right after dyeing/lightening could salvage some of the hair's health, then later on the frequency could be reduced. When I was on the verge of lightening my own hair, I already homed in on a protein mask that I planned to use afterward.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    frequent protein treatments (1-2 times a week) right after dyeing/lightening could salvage some of the hair's health, then later on the frequency could be reduced. When I was on the verge of lightening my own hair, I already homed in on a protein mask that I planned to use afterward.
    Conditioning treatments can make the hair look and feel better but none can repair damage. Even P&G admits that.
    "[0010] .... most dyeing or bleaching compositions are sold with a conditioner, which is applied on hair after the bleaching or dyeing composition has been rinsed off. Examples of conditioning agents are silicones, cationic surfactants and cationic polymers. However efficient, conditioners cannot prevent successive chemical treatments causing premature hair breakage. ... conditioners do not bring the hair back to its initial condition but merely conceal the damage under a protective layer of the conditioning agent .... only results in an improved feel of the hair."
    http://www.freshpatents.com/Oxidativ...pe=description

That is why the pretreatments are so important IMO. They can, based on the 16 reports so far, and the research, including that of P&G, help prevent damage.
    Last edited by ktani; March 16th, 2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added link and text