Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

Default Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

I've heard something about this kind of hair, but does it behave like that also when it's very long, like hip length or waist length? Anyone here has this kind of hair? I'd like to hear something about this hair type!
    Last edited by Priska; May 12th, 2024 at 09:52 AM.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

It's probably more common among people who genetically have a stronger cuticle, with more shingle-like coverage. Asian hair is the most likely to get that glossy appearance naturally. With it comes very low porosity, sometimes to a point that it is called resistant hair - and it is resistant to just about everything. It won't hold heat styles, won't easily be bleached or dyed, and won't accept products well, making it especially susceptible to build up
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Yeah, I feel like every other IG hairfluencer has this "perfect" hair but those are probably not real.
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram

Length
    19/20/37
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

My hair is ultra fine and doesn't really tangle. I've had fairy knots maybe 5 times in my life, I'm almost 24....but I don't get noticable tangles the rest of the time. I think it just has to do with having truly straight baby fine hair. Although my hair isn't exceptionally shiny or "glassy" looking. A lot of conditioning helps in that department, but it doesn't make my hair reflect more light than it is genetically predisposed to, even when it looks its absolute best.

I have mainly heard people talking about glass hair in relation to Lamellar Water recently, which is a Korean rinse out treatment that's supposed to be very conditioning and protective for hair. I'm very curious about trying it.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I have this type of hair. I've always had a very nice gloss to it, and it never tangles.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Oh how lucky you are you two! You have floor length hair and even so long it remains totally tangle free without any brushing?..

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I would be surprised that anyone would have hair that never tangles (speaking of long hair of course, not short).
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Hip/Ftl/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Yeah, I feel like every other IG hairfluencer has this "perfect" hair but those are probably not real.
    If they´re being paid they would be really stupid to being photographed unprepared. Not considering even make-up artist photoshop their own faces and they´re supposed to show their skills... it takes very little to add some shine.

Length
    buzz/wl/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

i've only seen one person IRL whose hair doesn't tangle at all, and that was an asian guy with that hair type that just sticks right out... it's weird how many people claim it online, hair influencers profit from you seeing their seeming perfection, then feeling bad and buying their stuff or binge watching them. it's interesting how every one of the tangle-free people still owns brushes, even though they don't really need them...

Sorry Dark40, I now understood from your signature that you have wl hair and not fl