Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairloss Support Thread

Length
    shoul/hip/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...loss-naturally
    I found this article. I don't have hair loss, but have a lot of breakage I am trying to re-grow. I had heard about Omega 3's and hair growth, as well a lot of other benefits. I just started taking Krill Oil in caplet form. So we will see...
    Just thought maybe this would help

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I have candiasis (fungus in my intestants... doesn't sound nice I know) and my hair has been falling out since september/november. Finally they found the problem: zinc shortage. My intestants cannot absorb all the nutritients like it should. Now I have to take a lot of zinc and probiotics. I went from 10,5 to 9 centimeters... My hair is still falling out, because it takes a while before the pills will work
    My hair was finally recovering at 10,5 centimeters from an awful haircut, it was getting thicker and now, all my hair falls out
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    BSL/55"/TERM
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I went through a huge shed this winter coupled with a stall in growth. I was hoping that my thickness would recover but my DH's barber told me this week that once you lose hair, it usually doesn't grow back. I sure hope this isn't true!
    coming soon...

I have alopecia areata - most of my hair is thick and lovely, apart from occasional patchy baldness. There's one particular patch on the back of my head that has stayed completely bald for nearly 5 years now.
    I consider myself lucky though - my sister also has alopecia but a much severer case, and been mostly bald since she was a small child. She's completely bald with tiny patches remaining, and her eyebrows are half gone as well. She has a selection of beautiful wigs though.
    (BTW - don't suggest all the things that worked for your brother and his dog - chances are, we've already tried it and it hasn't worked! I know people are only trying to be kind when they suggest things, but we have tried everything )
    It doesn't bother me too much - for years I used it as an excuse to do the craziest things with my hair (bleached white, chemically straightened, shaved half of it off, dyed black, red, light brown, blonde, pink, blue etc) but now I'm just letting it grow. I hope it won't bother me too much if I grow it long and bits of it remain absolutely bald It does limit my hairstyles, as I can't wear a high ponytail or pigtails because the big baldy bit will show.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Somehow I missed this thread!
    I have had fairly thin hair since the birth of my first child 21 years ago. Then a cancer diagnosis and subsequential treatment last year made me go bald on the bottom half of my head, and thinned the remainder by half. My hair looked goofy! Now I am going to have my thyroid removed and I am really concerned what effects it will have on my hair. Right now my thyroid works fine, but there is a suspicious growth on it, so it's gotta come out!
    Things that have helped me---
    Brushing my scalp with a BBB
    Scalp massage with EO's
    I am using monistat(I think it helps)
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm a fan of the essential oil recipe and posted the recipe on the thread here, take a look:

Jessie's essential oil treatment for stronger hair, reduced shedding and a happy scalp;

jojoba oil or another carrier oil
    essential oils:
    lavender, rosemary, geranium, bay, laurel, cedarwood, sage, clary sage, thyme, juniper
    optional: sandalwood and patchouly

mix, put in bottle with a dropper.

Put some drops on target spots on your scalp and massage well. Jessie used to put her head upside down if I remember well, I don't. I use it every night before a wash and oftentimes in between. My scalp has become much more relaxed and healthy, my new growth is fabulous, thinning spots have begun to fill in.

I use this for half a year now and I'll never stop using it!

(There are similiar recipes, Moonchaser's Sweet success and Chrome dome, I never tried those and so can't compare. I'm perfectly happy with Jessie's recipe and hope she corrects me if I wrote something wrong!)
    and i continue to use and LOVE the stuff. I'm addicted to the smell, the feel and the great results. I never had better hair, I feel it's full and somehow has energy from within. The shedding has stopped, thin spots have bounced back.

If there is ONE thing I can recommend it's this mix.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

My scalp massage oil is very similar to that.
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/19/term
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Somehow I missed this thread!
    I have had fairly thin hair since the birth of my first child 21 years ago. Then a cancer diagnosis and subsequential treatment last year made me go bald on the bottom half of my head, and thinned the remainder by half. My hair looked goofy! Now I am going to have my thyroid removed and I am really concerned what effects it will have on my hair. Right now my thyroid works fine, but there is a suspicious growth on it, so it's gotta come out!
    Things that have helped me---
    Brushing my scalp with a BBB
    Scalp massage with EO's
    I am using monistat(I think it helps)
    Girlcat I am sorry to hear of your thyroid misfortunes. I hope that post surgery you will be able to find your thyroid sweet-spot on your medicine. Keep track of your symptoms in a log book, so if you go hyper or hypo, you have a list. It's easier than trying to remember when you are at the doctor's office. The thyroid.about.com site was a lifesaver. Good luck and good health to a quick recovery!

Marian

P.S.
    How has your monistat been working for you? I am thinking of shelling out the $$ for it. Are you using 2% or 4%?

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Thank you, javadandy, that is actually a great idea to keep a journal. I am not afraid of the surgery itself, but getting the proper adjustment on the meds makes me nervous. Since my thyroid function has always been normal, I am not familiar with hypo and hyper symptoms. And thanks for the link!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Oh yeah--the monistat seems to be working good. I only use it on the bald area. Well it's no longer bald, I have some decent regrowth. I will post progress pics in April.