View Poll Results: What is your opinion on Organix?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

24 28.24%
  • Negative

21 24.71%
  • Neutral

32 37.65%
  • Cheese!

8 9.41%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on Organix products?

Length
    15 in/Ankle/Ankle
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Your opinion on Organix products?

I like the Moroccan Argan Oil & Macadamia Oil deep treatment mask.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Terrified, really...??

I wouldn't go to that extreme to say I'm "terrified" of any hair product...maybe the old Brazilian blow out that had formaldehyde ..super freaky!! (not organix)
    unfortunately I dislike their products except for the coconut milk and hibiscus body wash and the lotion line...I looove the smell. Actually..the only hair product of theirs I like is the anti breakage coconut milk oil and the leave in thats more creamy. The shampoos always left my hair feeling weird, and the conditioner left it feeling sticky and unconditioned I'm bummed because I do love the smell of their products. I am happy I ended up really liking their body care products though.
    Last edited by akilina; August 31st, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Terrified, really...??

I wouldn't go to that extreme to say I'm "terrified" of any hair product...maybe the old Brazilian blow out that had formaldehyde ..super freaky!! (not organix)
    unfortunately I dislike their products except for the coconut milk and hibiscus body wash and the lotion line...I looove the smell. Actually..the only hair product of theirs I like is the anti breakage coconut milk oil and the leave in thats more creamy. The shampoos always left my hair feeling weird, and the conditioner left it feeling sticky and unconditioned I'm bummed because I do love the smell of their products. I am happy I ended up really liking their body care products though.
    I'm just super paranoid about any other damage happening to my hair cause of my bleach incident. Had I not been stupid and not bleached the crap out of my hair [not that you could even see the colour difference anyway! Ugh.] I'd be to my goal already. I'm doing EVERYTHING i know how to keep my hair in the best condition possible. I'm a bit crazy, hahaha.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I would venture to guess that using a product a few times is not going to do any kind of real damage to your hair. Bleach? Yes. Heat? Yeah. Shampoo or conditioner? Generally pretty safe unless you have allergies or something.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

They're good (cleans my scalp and doesn't leave it oily), and I prefer the promegrante green tea shampoo, though I don't think that's readily avaliable now. There was an sale recently and my mom got Awapuhi Ginger and Cherry Blossom Ginseng. We also own an Tree Tea Mint one. Overall, I think they're all about the same, because for me, I think that changing different brands of shampoo frequently is the best method for me.

For reference, I have an extremely oily scalp.

Length
    Pixie/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I've tried the coconut shampoo and conditioner, but that was before I knew anything about hair products. I remember them smelling absolutely delicious though! Also the morrocan oil shampoo is decent. So/so. Smells nice.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The cherry blossom scent was divine, but the shampoo and conditioner was only so-so. I didn't buy it again. Well - except that I bought a second bottle of conditioner because I still had shampoo, and I like sets.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    I would venture to guess that using a product a few times is not going to do any kind of real damage to your hair. Bleach? Yes. Heat? Yeah. Shampoo or conditioner? Generally pretty safe unless you have allergies or something.
    That's a relief to hear from another [presumably] hair-loving person like myself. Most people that tell me that sort of thing know next to nothing about hair, lol.
    Just trying to get by

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I used Organix for years exclusively and NEVER had a problem with build up at all. I only stopped using them because most of them contain protein and since I started hennaing my hair is protein sensitive. Otherwise I love Organix and I really miss it, actually!

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by emilylightning View Post
    That's a relief to hear from another [presumably] hair-loving person like myself. Most people that tell me that sort of thing know next to nothing about hair, lol.
    I've done tons of research on ingredients and silicones are really nothing to be afraid of. Unless they make your hair feel a way that you don't like, it's okay to use them, and you shouldn't even have to clarify all that often. I used them for years without ever clarifying/using sulfates and never had build up. In fact I think they help keep my hair in better condition because of the slip they provide, my ends suffer much less mechanical damage. I don't think they form a barrier keeping moisture out of the hair. Everything I have read states that silicones are permeable. Also, most brands that have the words "organic" or "natural" or something like that in the name is only for marketing. Even products labeled "certified organic" well, it really doesn't mean much. Honestly. So, just use whatever you like!