Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does anyone else use Soapwort?

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Does anyone else use Soapwort?

Thanks for posting this Mellie. It was very interesting to follow your links and read the articles. *sigh* I had not the time to prepare the shampoo yet, but itīs definitely on place no. 1 on my to-try-list

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Cool, please post back when you try it! And photos if you can! :-)

Length
    35.5"/37"/37"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

A few days ago I wahsed with Soapwort for the first time. I used Flaxen's Simple Soapwort Shampoo and it cleaned well.

But my hair is less shiny now and seems dull, as if there was a veil, and looks even a little darker. It was very hard to comb, too. My hair was very dry and I lost and broke a lot by combing until I put some oil on my hair.

Before the Soapwort experiment my hair was the best in many years. I had pretty much reached my personal goal in hair quality; it was the easiest to comb and handle, reacted well to brushing with the BBB, and had an intense, glossy shine while feeling strong and smooth.

That was why I thought I could risk to try something new now. I thought my hair had reached a state of healthiness where it was rather safe to experiment a little. But after this one Soapwort wash, part of my success is gone.

But I liked the cleaning effect of Soapwort and the gentle feeling on the scalp, so I would like to give it another try.

Does anyone have an idea what I might change when I wash with Soapwort to get back the shine and softness?

I already thought of ACV or lemon to rinse, but in the past my scalp and hair didn't like them. I got dandruff like crazy and my hair got even more dry and brittle.

Length
    28/34/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I have not used soapwort on my hair yet but I use the fresh leaves frequently to wash my hands at work.
    I just tear the leaves, add some water, rubb to create some lather and work around. Rinse and done. The amount of suds depend on how greasy your hands are. I suppose the same goes for hair.
    The lather is green but it rinses of your hands easily and I cannot imagine that it will leave a stain. The smell is fresh and grassy.
    We have already discovered that the dried leaves are far less efficient so it is best to use fresh leaves.
    Soapwort grows easily. We have a large batch growing under the roof next to one of our neolithic farms. I guess the best place to plant it would be out of direct sunlight and a little wet.
    "I think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability."
    --Oscar Wilde