View Poll Results: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have bangs/fringe and I generally like them on everyone.

30 16.95%
  • I have bangs/fringe and a select number of people can pull them off.

40 22.60%
  • I don't have bangs/fringe but I don't mind those who do.

65 36.72%
  • I don't have bangs/fringe and I generally don't like them, maybe on a couple people.

20 11.30%
  • I have bangs/fringe and I hate them! Growing them out! Never, ever again.

22 12.43%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

Default Re: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

I have bangs and like them a lot - always have. I'm always surprised when people say they're high matinence. Sure they need to be trimmed more often (I usually need them done every three months; not too bad imho) but to me since they're much easier to care for than the rest of my hair do to not tangles (my hair care es NOT get easier with more length). And I've never found they get greasierer faster than anything else. But like I said I've always had bangs so I'm sure I'm missing a perspective.

I've always been disappointed that bangs are a minority where i am - I find they look really nice on most people. Like any hairstyles I find it depends on the type of bangs for face shape. I prefere full straight bangs which I usually have but when I don't get them cut for awhile like right now, they become half-bangs which a few people told me they prefer. But I like them full so I'll be fixing that when I go to the salon

I have bangs and like them a lot - always have. I'm always surprised when people say they're high matinence. Sure they need to be trimmed more often (I usually need them done every three months; not too bad imho) but to me since they're much easier to care for than the rest of my hair do to not tangles (my hair care es NOT get easier with more length). And I've never found they get greasierer faster than anything else. But like I said I've always had bangs so I'm sure I'm missing a perspective.

I've always been disappointed that bangs are a minority where i am - I find they look really nice on most people. Like any hairstyles I find it depends on the type of bangs for face shape. I prefere full straight bangs which I usually have but when I don't get them cut for awhile like right now, they become half-bangs which a few people told me they prefer. But I like them full so I'll be fixing that when I go to the salon

Length
    5/?/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I don't have a fringe as I have a very annoying cowlick that just messes everything up when it comes to fringes. It's a bit sad as I think fringes can look nice and it might be fun to try having it again as an adult, but I won't dare go there Experience tells me I have have no control of that part of my hair at all.
    "Goth Juice... The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith." - Vince Noir

Length
    16/28/36
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

18 months of grow out on my bangs... but I'm cutting them again next week!

For years I kept them to camouflage a high forehead. Now I'm totally over my forehead insecurity, but like bangs because I feel like that line of dark hair over my light eyes calls attention to them.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I always end up cutting bangs, and then I grow them out and start all over again on a whim. Maybe one day I'll learn that my hair gets greasy too fast, and it's way too hot here, and having sweaty hair plastered to my forehead is not fun.
    Lady Lostariel Of the Flowers, In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

this poll needs one more option: "I love/hate bangs"
    This is me also:
    Quote Originally Posted by desuvsdeath View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with fringe.
    I generally like the way it looks on me MOST of the time. BUT no matter what sort I have, I liked whatever fringe I used to have better. I'm trapped in an endless cycle of cut, hate, love as it's growing out, try to cut when it gets too long, hate it even more, grow it all the way out, miss it, repeat.
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

Length
    Bob/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I have bangs and have had them on and off since I was like 3 and I don't really like them I just get tired of the grow out phase and end up cutting, they do look good on me though lol. I don't think they look good on everyone depending on the bang type, blunt bangs on me is just awful.

Pixie - Ear - Jaw - Chin - SL - CBL- APL- BSL - WL - HL - TBL

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I go back and forth on bangs/fringe. I grow them out for awhile but get them cut back in when I need a change. I like both looks on me.
    Lately I've been having them cut in for fall and winter but start growing them out in mid-winter so that they're long enough to braid completely off my face in the summer.

Length
    11/19/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I am growing out bangs now. I had them for five years because I thought my forehead was too big. I felt envious of women with beautiful foreheads and no bangs, because I always had this traditional view of REAL long hair as hair without bangs... I don't know exactly why. Then I met my boyfriend and he told me he didn't like my bangs, so I started growing them out and my forehead is not that bad! And I am enjoying my hair better. I know it sounds absurd

Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I really like them, and I actually think I look better with a fringe (it's grown out to about shoulder length now), but it requires effort to keep it looking nice and it means that there's hair that I can't tie up without bobby pins (and when I tried to do that it'd always stick up and look stupid) and I have to be able to put my hair up completely so it's simply not an option any more. Working on trying to soften the look of updos without a fringe, but that's not going too well so far.