View Poll Results: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have bangs/fringe and I generally like them on everyone.

30 16.95%
  • I have bangs/fringe and a select number of people can pull them off.

40 22.60%
  • I don't have bangs/fringe but I don't mind those who do.

65 36.72%
  • I don't have bangs/fringe and I generally don't like them, maybe on a couple people.

20 11.30%
  • I have bangs/fringe and I hate them! Growing them out! Never, ever again.

22 12.43%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Bangs/Fringe or no Bangs/Fringe?

I had a fringe for about a year, I think. I had them cut to hide a bad face-framing incident. I had the arched style, and I liked them for a little while, but over the course of that year, I grew frustrated with having to wash and blow-dry them every morning (I have wavy hair, so my fringe would always kink in spots, and the longer outer bits would curve up, so if I left them un-styled, it looked like I had horns on my head). I ended up growing them out. It's been a year since, and they're now juuust under my chin. I've been thinking of getting them shaped into a curtain fringe, because I happen to like how I look with something against my face, but I don't know. I've heard having them is work, too. Maybe I'll get them shaped so I can grow them out as 'face-framing' pieces.

Length
    <2/26/>36
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I used to absolutely loooove bangs, especially the the straight-bang look that goes all across the forehead. For maybe a year or so I was dedicated to maintaining mine, BUT!
    I have since learned that for growing hair long (especially for those with finer hair types) it's not the best option, as the hair is touching your skin at all times and therefore can get more oil and dirt trapped in it, and requires more frequent washing. I know that to keep hair long and strong it is better to wash it less frequently, and even just washing the bangs themselves can be a way to work around it, but honestly it just felt like too much of a hassle for me. It was a huge pain to grow them out, but I'm so glad that I did because not having bangs to worry about seems to have significantly improved my overall hair health, for whatever reason. Much more than I would have expected, at least.

Length
    <2/26/>36
    Type
    2c/M/ii

"grew frustrated with having to wash and blow-dry them every morning (I have wavy hair, so my fringe would always kink in spots, and the longer outer bits would curve up, so if I left them un-styled, it looked like I had horns on my head)."

Oh, I had the same problem! Once I decided to stop using any heat on my hair I had to either embrace the awkward 90 degree angles that were popping out at the ends or let them go.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I had bangs when I was a little kid. Then again as a teen, and again as an adult. They look ok. As a teen they were *always* greasy and stringy so I washed them morning and night. Also at that time my skin would break out from the greasies. Later, as an adult, had them after a facial injury to hide stitches and scars. Always greasy and irritating. Zits. Grew them out and decided I'd be "old scar face" but a miracle happened and the scars faded away! Never bangs again if I can avoid it. Too much trouble trying to grow them out, hair is too thin anyway, buns are way too small.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    21.5/23.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

My bangs are currently at chin length. It's tempting to cut them back, but then I remember that I basically need to style them every time. The longer they get, the more I can put them out of the way and out of mind.
    APL...MBL...WL...HL...TBL

Right now I feel annoyed that I have been shortening my front hair all the time compared to the hair behind. I really would love to have long long strands also on the front side. That's mermaid hair! (Ok, Disney Ariel had some sort of bangs but the mermaids in real life you know... )