Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: Furnival's Workshop

Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Furnival's Workshop

@elise.autumn,

you can use a helix in any kind of bun. It just depends on the size of the helix, if you make a rather oval updo or a round one. And, for Claire makes her helices almost always in the right-spinning direction, it is recommendable to insert them from the right side too, and to wrap the hair clockwise to get most comfort and stability.

Here a very tight LWB with a shorter Antler helix (just about 4 1/4 prong length)

and a more hollow Pink Ivory helix in an Orchid Bun (5 Inches prong length)

Just note, that the thicker a helix is, the lesser usable length you do need, because the prongs are more apart from each other and then after going through the base, the first prong will poke out very high on the bun's dome and earlier than the other prong, which comes out at the bottom of the bun much later, if at all.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

So excited for my bog oak helix yay! Claire was absolutely lovely to work with, I am SO happy she was willing to take on my request. It's a very beautiful, but also quite rare and expensive wood that not very many people are familiar with, or are willing to work with. I've been seeking it out for a long time, for both it's beauty and spiritual properties.
    Angels are bright still, though the brightest one fell. ~Macbeth

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Wrong thread sorry
    Last edited by ArtOfNoot; April 8th, 2024 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Wrong thread oops
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts