Page 52 of 288 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

I haven't had bleed issues with artic fox. I really like it. I wish the yellow stayed like the indigo. Permanent blue of doom
    Last edited by Seeshami; March 11th, 2016 at 09:31 PM.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Type
    1a/F/i

I bought this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/argan-per...efault,pd.html
    One ‘n Only Argan Oil Hair Color Perfect Intensity in Pastel Bubblegum Pink.

I just did a little strand test, and thought I would need to cut it with conditioner to lighten it up, but I ended up using it straight out of the tube. It seemed to be just the color I wanted.

The color is very very light once I washed it out. I have non-bleached hair, so it is not porous for the color to grab.
    It is supposed to last through 6 to 8 shampoos. So I am going to wait and see how that goes before I do more.

My intention is to have something fun, not too bold, and washes out fairly easy with no long-term staining.

So far I feel like I am happy with the color. My little thin strand test almost disappears when mixed in with the rest of my hair. But the lightness is what I was aiming for. My hair is very light to begin with, so no bleaching needed for me.

I'm just wanting to be able to put in cute little strands, or some on the ends here and there. Maybe venture off to try out the lavender or fuchsia too sometime.

Finally APL, next is BSL Sterlyn's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/23/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful65 View Post
    I bought this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/argan-per...efault,pd.html
    One ‘n Only Argan Oil Hair Color Perfect Intensity in Pastel Bubblegum Pink.

I just did a little strand test, and thought I would need to cut it with conditioner to lighten it up, but I ended up using it straight out of the tube. It seemed to be just the color I wanted.

The color is very very light once I washed it out. I have non-bleached hair, so it is not porous for the color to grab.
    It is supposed to last through 6 to 8 shampoos. So I am going to wait and see how that goes before I do more.

My intention is to have something fun, not too bold, and washes out fairly easy with no long-term staining.

So far I feel like I am happy with the color. My little thin strand test almost disappears when mixed in with the rest of my hair. But the lightness is what I was aiming for. My hair is very light to begin with, so no bleaching needed for me.

I'm just wanting to be able to put in cute little strands, or some on the ends here and there. Maybe venture off to try out the lavender or fuchsia too sometime.
    That looks like a pretty color, I'm in love with pink. I'm pretty sure the color I used was magenta from that line, it was very sticky and I could still see it a few weeks ago, vaguely on the underneath layer, showing through the green. I'm pretty sure *stella, reported that Sally's brand of the blues were shades to be careful of because they were know for permanent staining.

LOL not that you were planning on rampaging into full on color, complete with blue shades. Subtle is nice, it just doesn't seem to be the way I roll much in life. Pinks and lavender would be lovely in your hair color.

Type
    1a/F/i

I further tested out the pink color by putting quite a bit more on my hair. Once I rinsed it out it was barely detectable. And it was completely gone after one shampoo. So at least I know it's extremely temporary. (at least that particular color)
    Thank you for your input Sterlyn. I am sure other colors would have more staying power in my light hair.
    I'm thinking that this product would stick better on bleached hair.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

MP Raven is permanent if applied more than once to virgin hair. I've found the darker the color, the more it stays. Given as i am currently running around with Rockabilly Blue streaks. Because I can.

But I've got full on Little Miss Scare-All black hair from just Raven and After Midnight. Going from a 7.5 shade to this. The After Midnight is just to go to a cool black vs the evil warm coloring I get. Which is radically better than even two step indigo which never darken to anything more than a 3R and that crap stayed orange red.

Type
    2a/F/i

Question: I've been rocking purple in my hair for a few months. I redid it several times and while I LOVE my purple I want to try vampire red. The purple is really pretty faded, but there is for sure a purple-y cast still there. I really want to try vampire red but I'm not sure it it's okay to do it over the purple. Will I end up with an ugly mud color, or can I do it safely? Is there anything I can do to try and remove as much of the old stuff before I dye it??

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    Question: I've been rocking purple in my hair for a few months. I redid it several times and while I LOVE my purple I want to try vampire red. The purple is really pretty faded, but there is for sure a purple-y cast still there. I really want to try vampire red but I'm not sure it it's okay to do it over the purple. Will I end up with an ugly mud color, or can I do it safely? Is there anything I can do to try and remove as much of the old stuff before I dye it??
    You're using Purple Haze right? I used to mix it with Vampire Red and I got a dark beet-red color that looked more purple in certain lights. Go ahead and do it.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    You're using Purple Haze right? I used to mix it with Vampire Red and I got a dark beet-red color that looked more purple in certain lights. Go ahead and do it.
    Yup, purple haze! I'm going to sally's tomorrow and I'll dye either tomorrow or saturday and report back with photos

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Sorry if this question shouldn't be asked here, but what are bleach baths and how are they less damaging? Is it diluted bleach applications spread out over a length of several months?

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by otterpotter View Post
    Sorry if this question shouldn't be asked here, but what are bleach baths and how are they less damaging? Is it diluted bleach applications spread out over a length of several months?
    It's bleach diluted with shampoo, which makes it less damaging. They aren't necessarily spread out over months but they're probably even less damaging if you do that as well.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.