Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Silver Dawn Jewelry Hairforks

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Silver Dawn Jewelry Hairforks

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    So after eyeballing these for months, finally got one in my favorite stone. As soon as I took it out of the package I thought 'yeah right', the metal is way too flimsy. Once in my hair, the tines bend:

Sorry I don't have any insight into the hair toy in question however just wanted to say your bun sure is coming along really beautifully! It looks lovely and it keeps growing in size! Beautiful! You are making me want to try a lower sitting bun.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Mine try to bend even in my 3 inch circ hair so I think the bending is pretty normal. It doesn't seem to cause too much stress on it, though I haven't worn any of mine consistently for a length of time. I do feel like the flexibility means it is more likely to resist permanent warping especially when in hair as thick as yours.

The thinness really is great! And the lightness. Metal sticks/forks rarely pull on my hair, and since my scalp has become more finicky, that really helps. I should dig mine out, and use them more often.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Sorry I don't have any insight into the hair toy in question however just wanted to say your bun sure is coming along really beautifully! It looks lovely and it keeps growing in size! Beautiful! You are making me want to try a lower sitting bun.
    Thank you!!! It feels super small to me lol but I'm just happy I can make one now. I thought the day would never come...

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    Mine try to bend even in my 3 inch circ hair so I think the bending is pretty normal. It doesn't seem to cause too much stress on it, though I haven't worn any of mine consistently for a length of time. I do feel like the flexibility means it is more likely to resist permanent warping especially when in hair as thick as yours.

The thinness really is great! And the lightness. Metal sticks/forks rarely pull on my hair, and since my scalp has become more finicky, that really helps. I should dig mine out, and use them more often.
    That is good to know, in that case it's probably just doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It's irritating because it takes a lot longer to insert if I don't want them to do the weird crossing thing, but other than that I am really liking the performance.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    My disc buns are so much neater though with this than they are with a stick.
    Your bun looks gorgeous. For a non-bendy option, you might try some thin metal sticks from The Lover's Knot. They might give you a similar effect to this metal fork.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    Your bun looks gorgeous. For a non-bendy option, you might try some thin metal sticks from The Lover's Knot. They might give you a similar effect to this metal fork.
    Thank you so much!! And thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I happened to stumble on this store while searching around for hairtoy makers on etsy. Lo and behold, there's a thread here! These forks are pretty affordable, I've been contemplating maybe getting myself at least one, but maybe a pair.

I've been going back and forth on getting a single, longer one, or a couple of short ones. Decisions, decisions.