Thread: hair ties/ponytail holders

Length
    25.5/25.5/45
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default hair ties/ponytail holders

Does anyone have good reccomendations for pony tail holders/hair ties. I feel like my regular ones always get caught in my hair. I haven't tried the fabric hair ties (not sure what they're called) but do They actually hold the hair? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    26 inches at the moment at BSL. On to waist!

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: hair ties/ponytail holders

Fabric ones work usually, depending on the brand some may stretch out faster than others. Another cheapy trick is to cut an old pantyhose into rounds then rolling them a bit. Works well generally, stretchy, strong and neutral color.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I mostly use the tiny terrycloth Goody ones, they work marvelously and don't damage at all. I don't think they would hold up to a ponytail though, but I haven't tried it - I only use them for the ends of braids since I don't wear ponytails.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I like the "new" fold over elastic ones. You can get yards of the stuff in fun colors on eBay and make your own. The size you want. Headband and such.
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jackie_rapunzel View Post
    Does anyone have good reccomendations for pony tail holders/hair ties. I feel like my regular ones always get caught in my hair. I haven't tried the fabric hair ties (not sure what they're called) but do They actually hold the hair? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    If you have to use them, and I hope for the sake of your hair you only do it infrequently, then the cloth covered ones are best (no metal!) Buy a band that is large enough to hold the ponytail comfortably w/o a lot of tugging to make it stay put. Not a good thing for your hair!

Your hair would be safer confined in a one piece clip/barrette (Goody has a great one) or in a Flexi 8...or in a braid. These are a lot of options besides the de rigeur ponytail!

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Even you migh think the are so outdated...... Scrunchies are the best to hold hair if ur playing to put it in a ponytail.

Black-Dark satin or velvet ones are awesome and for me a guy they are great since I like to put my hair in ponies a lot wihout feelin girly or something and I think they are very discreet in those type of colours...

Regular ones aka Goody black ones were a pain for me because I have to go with the circle 3 times and it hurt like hell.

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

i got these guys in the Summer Swap and they are now my favorite hair tie on the planet (thank you Salty!)...

[IMG][/IMG]

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrownedPea...ef=ss_profile#

they are indestructible, come in a million different colors, and are low cost...what more could a person ask for? My hair explodes regular hair ties after just a few uses but these things are unkillable, they just stretch out a bit. I'd buy more of them from the Etsy shop but i've been using the same three for months now.

Length
    shag/waist/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I use ribbon elastics (what I call those new ones I saw referred to) or scrunchies. You can get them most anywhere, or make them yourself which I love. I personally never noticed damage from ponytails even when I used the regular metal barred hair bands, but I switched over to gentler methods anyway.

Chin-Shoulder-APL
    -BSL-Waist-Hip-Classic

No Trim 2017!

Length
    25.5/25.5/45
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

These are all such fantastic ideas. Unfortunately I have found that on the last two days of not washing My hair (I currently wash every fourth day) my hair NEEDS to be slicked back in a ponytail to hide the oil. So these tips are all very much appreciated!
    26 inches at the moment at BSL. On to waist!

I just ordered a set of ponytail holders made by L. Erickson from Franceluxe (among other things...I can not resist that site). I checked online for reviews first before I bought them, because they aren't exactly cheap, but people seem to love them for their hair. They look a bit chunky to me, but if they work and others are raving about them, I figured that I should give them a shot. If I remember, I will report back to let people know what I think of them. I got a set of 10 in black.