Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

I just wanted to update that today is 2 days since I did the SMT and I have no greasies! None! My hair is still soft and freshly washed looking. Why would that be when normally with CO I get greasy by the second day at least?
    Just keep growing....

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama View Post
    I just wanted to update that today is 2 days since I did the SMT and I have no greasies! None! My hair is still soft and freshly washed looking. Why would that be when normally with CO I get greasy by the second day at least?
    Perhaps because SMT has honey, which is antibacterial and lightly cleansing?

As someone with SD/eczema, I really like washing skin and scalp with *just* honey. At the moment it does not get my hair clean enough as a wash on its own, but every time I do have it on my scalp it calms the itchies and flakies and is just sooo NICE.

CO made my hair greasy and my scalp terribly unhappy. Personally I think it is overrated, whereas SMT and honey are not appreciated enough!

Contrary to what's popular here, I strongly disagree that honey lightens hair. At least for mine, which is relatively light to begin with, it has not made a difference in hair color. Ditto for BF, who I regularly do SMT on and whose hair is 1-2 shades lighter than mine.

Glad you like SMT; I think it's one of the best things I ever did for my hair. Planning one tonight!
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    APL/Waist/+++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Frick. Is there an action plan for if curds occur? I was lazy and instead of juicing my own aloe I picked up my mum's bottle of aloe gel, it's 99.9% aloe but it's still made a difference. I've rinsed and rinsed but decided to give up. Do they come out when it dries? Does this affect how well it works?

Redheads not warheads.