Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
I really wanna try this but all I have is green aloe vera gel and coney conditioner. So could I do a modified Smt with only honey and the coney conditioner or would that be asking for trouble??

Hello again jane,

Only experimenting will give you the best answer.

Here are two old posts, one about cones and one about half and half honey and conditioner. Both seem to be in favour of giving what you have at home a try.

Do not forget to microwave the honey. I forgot to do that the second time and I lightened my henna. Honey may/will lighten natural hair as well.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
I LOVE SMT, with 'cones (Dove) and without (Lavera deep conditioner 'Repairkur' for other German speakers).

It does clump and curd, especially with Dove conditioner, but this does not cause a problem.

SMT is one of the very best things I've gotten from this site - it has helped my hair immeasurably.

Sometimes I wash with just honey as an alternative to WO washing or when my scalp is acting up. It really makes my hair soft and shiny, but I have to remind myself to rinse it out well.
I put in bold part.

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
Myrddin, I either use crystallized honey and "scrub" my scalp with it - similar to how I imagine people do brown sugar scrubs. Brown sugar is hard to find and expensive here, so I wouldn't waste it on my hair.

The other option is just to use honey like shampoo. Because I started doing honey masks years ago, then started washing my face with honey, the idea of using it as a hair wash came naturally. It acts like a WO wash, but more moisturizing and cleaning at the same time, and again, rinsing enough is KEY.

Yesterday I did my first SMT without aloe because I couldn't find my aloe liquid. Conditioner mixed one-to-one with honey, left on for about 3 hours, also gave me soft, smooth hair and moisturized ends.

I have to agree that the SMT is one of the very best things about this site. Again, hats off to Snowy! Her treatment has totally changed my hair and scalp for the better.