Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Ursula’s Mega-Moisturizing Oil-SMT-Aloe Wash

The summer AC has been very drying on my hair. This routine for washing has worked very well in getting my hair through it. I suggested it to Snowy, and it seems to do her good, as well, although she's using jojoba instead of coconut oil, and plain SKR instead of SMT. I'll sometimes do the plain SKR, as well. It depends on my mood.

First, at night, I oil my hair heavily. Coconut oil, and lots of it. I add more and more, as much as my hair will take. Then I braid in two braids, and apply castor oil to the braids’ tassels.

Sleep well.

In the morning, I mix up a batch of Snowy’s Deep Moisture treatment, using VO5 Sunkissed Raspberry or Tangerine Tickle. Wet down hair with water in the shower, and massage the SMT through the hair. Wrap in a bun, cover with a plastic bag and towel. Let the mess soak for 30 minutes to an hour.

Rinse well. I rinse in the shower, combing as I go. I part my hair, and comb and rinse each half for about a minute each, followed by about a minute of rinsing and massaging my scalp.

Finally, I blot my hair with a microfiber towel. Then I take 1 to 2 tablespoons of aloe gel, and apply to each half of my hair, combing it through.

Sometimes, I will oil and braid in the morning, and finish the wash routine at night. Oiled braids look sleek for daytime wear. I’ll then flip my hair, loose, up over my pillow to air dry at night. When I wake in the morning, amazing curly waves.
    Last edited by Flaxen; April 22nd, 2008 at 04:46 PM.