Page 102 of 252 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

i just used Pantines new aqua light conditioner and it worked perfectly in case anyone wanted to know

Length
    1/48/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Meep. I just tried this--4 parts SKR, 1 part aloe, 1 part honey, and a teaspoon or so of coconut oil on just-clarified damp hair. As I was combing through it, my hair came out in alarming chunks. Every swipe of the comb from the last inch through the process to being able to comb through the entire length, I'd lose several hairs. This was the result in my sink (linked rather than posted here because it's rather alarming, imo): pic link

This has me really worried. What's the point of taking such good care of my hair if it's going to all fall out?
    Last edited by isbmlamloi; October 12th, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixing image link

Length
    14/18/26
    Type
    1b/F/iii

OMG. I tried this and my hair is so so shiny and soft. I don't use conditioner any more. I will do it again in couple weeks.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by isbmlamloi View Post
    Meep. I just tried this--4 parts SKR, 1 part aloe, 1 part honey, and a teaspoon or so of coconut oil on just-clarified damp hair. As I was combing through it, my hair came out in alarming chunks. Every swipe of the comb from the last inch through the process to being able to comb through the entire length, I'd lose several hairs. This was the result in my sink (linked rather than posted here because it's rather alarming, imo): http://www.flickr.com/photos/isbmlamloi/6236191170/

This has me really worried. What's the point of taking such good care of my hair if it's going to all fall out?
    This photo is private.

Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

Can't see the photo, but I really doubt that the shedding is because of the SMT. Honestly, unless you accidentally put some sort of depilatory cream in the mixture, there's nothing to make your follicles suddenly start shedding hair.

If you had more hair than normal shed, I'd attribute it to the combing action rather than the product. SMTs don't have as much slip as plain conditioner, IME.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    1/48/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    This photo is private.

Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

Can't see the photo, but I really doubt that the shedding is because of the SMT. Honestly, unless you accidentally put some sort of depilatory cream in the mixture, there's nothing to make your follicles suddenly start shedding hair.

If you had more hair than normal shed, I'd attribute it to the combing action rather than the product. SMTs don't have as much slip as plain conditioner, IME.
    Oops. Try this link if you're still curious to see the image.

The SMT had way more slip than my normal conditioning method, actually. Maybe that says something about my normal methods? But I am not a "yanker"--I comb my hair out slowly, starting at the bottom, and if I hit a tangle I get it out with my fingers, not with the comb. I hit very, very few tangles while combing the SMT through my hair. Instead there were just hairs in my comb. :P

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

The SMT had way more slip than my normal conditioning method, actually. Maybe that says something about my normal methods? But I am not a "yanker"--I comb my hair out slowly, starting at the bottom, and if I hit a tangle I get it out with my fingers, not with the comb. I hit very, very few tangles while combing the SMT through my hair. Instead there were just hairs in my comb. :P
    Does that photo show the total amount of shed, or the amount that was coming out with each stroke? If that's the total shed, that really does not look like an alarming or unusual amount to me. Just my opinion.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I was expecting way worse than that..... that looks like about 20-25% of what I lose on any given day!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I was expecting way worse than that..... that looks like about 20-25% of what I lose on any given day!
    Me too! And I dont even have your hair length yet! This amount is nothing to worry about. Seriously.

I agree that is not a huge shed. I shed about that much, sometimes more, sometimes less. The hair loss you see after a washing always looks like more the longer your hair is. If your hair was 2 inches long all over it would look like easily 1/4 of the amount or less when in reality it's the same as the amount in your picture.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kidari View Post
    I agree that is not a huge shed. I shed about that much, sometimes more, sometimes less. The hair loss you see after a washing always looks like more the longer your hair is. If your hair was 2 inches long all over it would look like easily 1/4 of the amount or less when in reality it's the same as the amount in your picture.
    Yeah. That doesn't look to me to be more than, like, 30 hairs? And it's normal to shed up to 100 hairs per day.