Page 151 of 245 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

FotE isn't generally seen as bad, though if your scalp has different ideas about any ingredient....
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think something in my Aloe gel mixed with the conditioner is the culprit for the curds. I think I have the wrong aloe, and since I have several different tubes laying around, it explains why I don't have this result every time, since I do not pay attention to which aloe I grab.

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

So... I did two hours of SMT, and a 30 min with the leftovers the morning after, and wow!! I couldn't stop touching my braid tassel all day long, my ends are very damaged by heat and chemicals and they're usually so rough (like horse hair!!) and it was SOOOO soft! I can't believe it!! I'll definetly do this again. I can't wait to take a picture to compare to my dry/protein overloaded hair in my last length shot.

I used Tresemme Naturals conditionner (no cones), real aloe vera and regular honey.
    1a/m/ii, going to classic!
    Ficcare Database - send me your photos by PM!

I've heard that honey can lighten your hair. Has anyone experienced that with SMT?
    2a / M&C / iii

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig20 View Post
    I've heard that honey can lighten your hair. Has anyone experienced that with SMT?
    I've done countless SMTs without heating it (said to kill the natural peroxide in the honey) with no lightening on my hennaed hair. I also throw some EVOO in there sometimes for super-softness

You can nuke it to be on the safe side!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig20 View Post
    It takes quite a lot of honey to get that to a noticeable extent, in my understanding. As in, your solution has to be somewhere in the area of 75-90% honey, and that honey can't have been pasteurized. But as I've stated numerous times, I've had luck with a wide variety of sugary syrups, so you can always use something else if the possibility of lightening is unthinkable.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

So I did my first SMT yesterday (I let it sit all night) and my hair is still so soft! I also mixed up a batch for one of my roommates who I'm trying to brainwash, I mean teach about hair care so she can grow hers out healthier (her hair grows soso fast but her ends could use a little trimming). She rinsed first and her hair is thinner and finer than mine so she noticed the results first. She was really happy/excited about the softness and I guess the 'cones in her conditioner sealed her splits because she said she couldn't find a single one! I consider this mission a success, so maybe I've found someone to come over to the hairy side haha.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I just checked my product hoard and apparently I bought a crap ton of that CVS aloe that is likely the curd culprit. One bottle is huge with a pump. Well, maybe it will soothe my skin this winter. It's not going in my hair, hummmmmph!

Thank you for the responses, tbonita and anje! I used a bit of honey (heated for a few seconds) with Tresemme Naturals moisturizing conditioner. I should have left it on longer but my hair has more body and bounce. : )
    2a / M&C / iii

Length
    15/15/22
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I tried an SMT yesterday, and it made my hair soooo frizzy and dry!!! /: I used Mane&Tail Conditoner, Cloverleaf Honey, and Aloe(clear stuff with no additives except Vit D).
    I have only used Mane&Tail a few times, and I'm beginning to think my hair hates protein, but then again maybe it was the honey. I left it on for about 2 hours without heat with a plastic bag tied on my head and my Turbie Twist on top of that. Idk what happened. Maybe I should try a different conditioner, or maybe no honey? Hmm. What do y'all think?
    P.S.:: When I say frizzy and dry...I mean... badddd frizzy and my ends looked DEAD!
    At waist; next stop: HIP!