Page 50 of 252 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    13"/17"/23"
    Type
    1b/C/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Forgot to say:

Thank you Snowymoon, wherever you are!

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

So, I've been wanting to try SMT for a while and finally have an hour free this morning. I thought I had clear aloe gel, but I can only find green.

I'm looking at the ingredients list and I can't seem to determine whether this will work or not. I don't see anything ending with -caine, which I've seen in some that have pain relief for sunburn.

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Water, SD Alcohol 40, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Benzonphenone-4, Imidazonlidinyl, Urea, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

ETA: This is Walgreens Aloe Vera Gel. I'm thinking the Alcohol may be something to worry about. Anyone know?
    Last edited by XcaliburGirl; May 9th, 2010 at 06:28 AM.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The alcohol might dry it out which is the opposite of what you want. I tried some of the green Walgreens stuff on my hair as gel and it ended up reeeallly dry. I ended up going to Wal-mart and buying this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-Of-T...12-oz/10314797 It works real well.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    The alcohol might dry it out which is the opposite of what you want. I tried some of the green Walgreens stuff on my hair as gel and it ended up reeeallly dry. I ended up going to Wal-mart and buying this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-Of-T...12-oz/10314797 It works real well.
    Thanks. I won't risk it, then, until I get something alcohol-free.

I'm already a little apprehensive about the honey, since last time I did something with honey in it I ended up with frizzy too-soft hair. But, there was lots of other new stuff in my hair that day, so it could have been something else. I don't think it was damaging though, so I figured I'd try this and see what happens.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    8in/BSL/thigh
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

ok, I have a SMT in my hair for the first time! I used the V05 Freesia and jason aloe, and a honey I found in whole foods, microed it for 20 seconds and put it in.

Is the treatment supposed to mix up completely smooth? because mine was slightly chunky, but once it spread it on, it absorbed into my hair quite well.

I put it on dry hair and I have a shower cap over it, I plan on leaving it on for a few hours.

Length
    8in/BSL/thigh
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Double post to say

WOW!!! my hair feels amazing. I had to help a friend move into her new place last night and My hair feel silky even after all of that.

I think I'm going to try putting it on damp clean hair next, because I really should wash my hair after all the dust and animal hair.

But I am amazed at how awesome my hair looks and feels. and still smells of the freesia conditioner. Has anyone tried doing this withany of the lush conditioners? American Cream in particular would make my hair smell amazing for days.

Length
    21/31.5/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Thanks!! Great recipe. I will try this as soon as I get the ingredients.
    Lady Eärwen of the Serenity Seas in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    8in/BSL/thigh
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Maybe Lush conditioner should go in the not recommended list.

But my hair did smell really nice.

The whole thing just turned to a liquid, so it was really hard to apply. So far I've also tried suave, and I think that V05 has made my hair the softest.

Where do you all find the largest selection of V05? because everywhere I go around here seems to have tons of suave but only about two V05 products.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I did my first SMT last night and, I have to say, my hair feels really nice. I could immediately tell my hair felt softer and much smoother than before. So far, I haven't been able to tell how it has effected my curls, when I woke up my hair did have curl in it but it was slightly pulled out from me sleeping on it while it was wet. This morning I threw it up into a pony and ran out the door, so not much has been done in the way of styling.

In my mix I used Suave aloe & water lily (I think that's it), Lily of the Desert gel and Wal-Mart brand honey. I warmed the honey first then added the other ingredients. The gel was still a little chunky but it didn't seem to matter too much when I slathered it on my hair. I think it was on my hair for over an hour, but I didn't time it so I'm not 100% on that.

I know it is very soon, but I think I might do another one this weekend. I'm pretty sure my hair needs the moisture.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Someone recommended I use this method, so I'm bumping the thread to get some fresh comments before I buckle under and do it!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604