Page 61 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Have to try this too!!!!!!! Get so much ideas from this forum. Want to try it all

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I tried it and it definitely made my hair softer. My DH said my hair looked great, but I think it loosened my wave. Overall, if it is doing something good I don't care if my wave loosens. Especially since I might be losing wave/curl but with that I gain length

So I'll try this a few times then report back. I'm not sure too much information can be gathered by one go round.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/TB/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I tried this last night.. Thought it was weird, but my hair was gross and figured what could it hurt. Had no decent aloe in this house, so I tried EV coconut oil, honey (which I thought was super odd), some grapeseed oil (I bought it to use on my face and my face hated it so I need ways to use it) and some tresemme cause it's my main conditioner.

My hair is softer today. Had a gentle wave today. Was a little sticky and odd with the honey in it, but it did something good.

love it. especially with mane and tail condish.
    2b. Lighten with Sun In.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Just did my second ever SMT. This time it's following a protein treatment. Last time I used just conditioner and honey because I didn't have aloe vera...This time I did Garnier triple nutrition conditioner , molasses instead of honey ( although I did like the honey last time I just wanted to try molasses in it for my dark hair), and aloe. It's drying now but hopefully I get great results again !

It feels a little different this time. My hair didn't feel as smooth and slick while rinsing it. I know my hair likes molasses because I have used that may times , so maybe it's the aloe? ( which I have never used on my hair before) or the protein treatment ( which I never did before either)...we shall see

hoping for great results !

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tia2010 View Post
    Just did my second ever SMT. This time it's following a protein treatment. Last time I used just conditioner and honey because I didn't have aloe vera...This time I did Garnier triple nutrition conditioner , molasses instead of honey ( although I did like the honey last time I just wanted to try molasses in it for my dark hair), and aloe. It's drying now but hopefully I get great results again !

It feels a little different this time. My hair didn't feel as smooth and slick while rinsing it. I know my hair likes molasses because I have used that may times , so maybe it's the aloe? ( which I have never used on my hair before) or the protein treatment ( which I never did before either)...we shall see

hoping for great results !
    I felt the same way when I was rinsing it out and the first hour or so when it was drying but when my hair was fully dry it felt soft and managable and I had no frizzies.

Just conditioner and honey didn't do much for me but the aloe made all the difference.

I immediately added aloe to my mister bottles (which up until then only contained rosewater and some oils) and I don't want to go back to the pre-aloe era. The stuff is amazing.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tia2010 View Post
    Just did my second ever SMT. This time it's following a protein treatment. ....
    With my hair, I would suspect the protein treatment as the reason for the lack of smoothness. My hair isn't fond of protein and feels rough if it gets too much.

If it continues to feel icky, I'd suggest doing a second SMT (with or without aloe -- a few people don't get good results with it, as with all ingredients). Moisture seems to be the best way to get over too much protein.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    -/Clsc/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I really want to try this. Now that cold, dry winter has arrived, my hair needs some moisture!
    What would be the best way to apply this without making a mess of my bathroom? Would it work in an applicator bottle? I guessing I will need about a cup for my 36"/37" tailbone length hair. Is that about right?

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LornaDoone View Post
    I really want to try this. Now that cold, dry winter has arrived, my hair needs some moisture!
    What would be the best way to apply this without making a mess of my bathroom? Would it work in an applicator bottle? I guessing I will need about a cup for my 36"/37" tailbone length hair. Is that about right?
    I lean over the bathroom sink as I apply it. I don't nuke my mix so it isn't real runny. I use a heat cap for the heat part. My hair is 35" and I mix up 4T conditioner, 1T honey, and 1T aloe. I think that's approximately 1/2C of SMT. I have plenty to coat my hair.

I am not here to decorate your world

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post
    I felt the same way when I was rinsing it out and the first hour or so when it was drying but when my hair was fully dry it felt soft and managable and I had no frizzies.

Just conditioner and honey didn't do much for me but the aloe made all the difference.

I immediately added aloe to my mister bottles (which up until then only contained rosewater and some oils) and I don't want to go back to the pre-aloe era. The stuff is amazing.
    After it dried it did feel soft but nowhere near as soft as the first time when I used honey , I think I may try it with honey and aloe next time. Maybe molasses just doesn't have the same effect mixed with the aloe in my hair which is funny because usually my hair like molasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    With my hair, I would suspect the protein treatment as the reason for the lack of smoothness. My hair isn't fond of protein and feels rough if it gets too much.

If it continues to feel icky, I'd suggest doing a second SMT (with or without aloe -- a few people don't get good results with it, as with all ingredients). Moisture seems to be the best way to get over too much protein.

Yes , It may well be because of the protein treatment. It's the first one I have ever done so I'm was not sure what my hair would feel like after....My hair feels like it does after I get it color treated. Thicker but not as soft as usual...I may try another SMT with just consitioner and honey like before and try adding the aloe at a later time so I can see if it was the protein or the aloe causing the weird feeling.