Page 1003 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 35039039539931001100210031004100510131053 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 10570

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

Awesome job, languagenut! Looking forward to seeing action shots

Estas mi Esperantist' languagenut's Avatar
    Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kattt View Post
    Oh wow, very pretty! Love how natural it is, and the wood has some very nice grain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    Very nice work languagenut, and I love the natural finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    You do nice things languagenut. Did you cut that with a bad saw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Awesome job, languagenut! Looking forward to seeing action shots
    Thank you everyone!

Bparnell, I cut it out with a scroll saw, then sanded it to smooth out the shape.

And... you know the routine... cloudy-day lighting, fluffy day-after-wash hair, and awkwardness at taking pics of the back of my head... can't see much of the fork, but hey, at least it's in focus!

ETA: I've been wearing it all day today and it's holding great; very comfortable
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

That's an amazing bun languagenut, and I can see the fork is lovely too and performing perfectly.

APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --- TBL --->

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Wow languagenut, both your bun and fork are very impressive!

So I inherited alot of crochet and knitting supplies from my uncles mother who recently passed. She had very very many double point knitting needles, so many that there were quadruple pairs of most sizes so I made a boat load of simple work horse forks. I think the smaller ones are called wavelength pins? I remember reading about them here long ago. She also had some very large needles that when bent are about the size of my overthehawaiianmoon 2 prong aluminum forks. Needless to say I am super grateful. Here are singles of each but all of them has a mate or 2 as well.

Sorry for blurry pics, taken with DDs tablet because my cell phone is currently missing

Overthehawaiianmoon fork for compare of size. The large pins are very sturdy and actually look pretty in a bun. I would have done an action shot but only my available camera is pretty terrible lol.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by languagenut View Post
    Thank you everyone!

Bparnell, I cut it out with a scroll saw, then sanded it to smooth out the shape.

And... you know the routine... cloudy-day lighting, fluffy day-after-wash hair, and awkwardness at taking pics of the back of my head... can't see much of the fork, but hey, at least it's in focus!

ETA: I've been wearing it all day today and it's holding great; very comfortable
    So pretty!

Gorgeous collection milosmomma I love the colors!

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Wow languagenut, both your bun and fork are very impressive!

So I inherited alot of crochet and knitting supplies from my uncles mother who recently passed. She had very very many double point knitting needles, so many that there were quadruple pairs of most sizes so I made a boat load of simple work horse forks. I think the smaller ones are called wavelength pins? I remember reading about them here long ago. She also had some very large needles that when bent are about the size of my overthehawaiianmoon 2 prong aluminum forks. Needless to say I am super grateful. Here are singles of each but all of them has a mate or 2 as well.

Sorry for blurry pics, taken with DDs tablet because my cell phone is currently missing

Overthehawaiianmoon fork for compare of size. The large pins are very sturdy and actually look pretty in a bun. I would have done an action shot but only my available camera is pretty terrible lol.
    These have been my go-to for so long! They work wonderfully under a slouchy winter hat because they don't stick to it! Love them!!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

So I can see languagenut's beautiful picture, but nothing is showing up for milosmomma's. Can other people see it or is it just a problem on my end maybe?

I haven't posted since August, so I can't reply to each person

What great creations people

Milosmomma I did the same thing with my Mother's DPNs when I first joined and had no hair toys (I use circular needles for knitting)
    They work great

Alexandrina ~ I can see her pic

BTW ~ welcome
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; February 7th, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    So I can see languagenut's beautiful picture, but nothing is showing up for milosmomma's. Can other people see it or is it just a problem on my end maybe?
    I think it could be because you've only got 5 posts, I believe you need 25 to see pictures that are posted from member albums through the forum directly? You can see peoples pics that are posted through a secondary picture posting website such as imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    I think it could be because you've only got 5 posts, I believe you need 25 to see pictures that are posted from member albums through the forum directly? You can see peoples pics that are posted through a secondary picture posting website such as imgur.
    Of course ...that's why....I forgot about that