Page 102 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 10570

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

Nice! They came out very well indeed

There are some truly amazing pieces on this thread, I'm really going to have to start making hair toys soon.

Unicorn

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Debra83 View Post
    Wow. I'm impressed. Wish I had time to learn to do that. I just buy plastic ones from the dollar store unfortunately.
    hmph i wish my dollar store carried hairsticks.. hey question why are all the posts i see from you red.. it hurts my eyes trying to read it..

great stuff everyone!
    can i call this classic length

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wink Re: self made hairtoys thread

Quote Originally Posted by KatKeRo View Post
    I made a sea-anemone for my hair.
    I'd love to see that.

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wink Re: self made hairtoys thread

Quote Originally Posted by KatKeRo View Post
    I made a sea-anemone for my hair.
    Sorry for the double post but I missed the link the first time. Very creative and highly indiviidual.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

My current obsessions: Beaded hair sticks and making an EZ comb thingy. I have stretchy beading thread, so I just need to find the right combs to do this with. Problem is, beading on the stretchy thread is a pain in the arse! It's ungodly slow and I haven't had time to do too much since I have family in town for the holidays.

Fire Mountain has awesome stuff, until I saw they charge $17 USD to ship to Canada!!! I mean, hair sticks and beads?? That'd maybe cost $5 to ship. Nightshade and I have been chatting and she's helping me with some stuff, so I'm very excited to get the stuff she's sending me I'll have to wait until after the holidays, but it's nice to look forwards to something

Thanks for the ebay link!! Off to look.....
    Oh, and thanks for the glue tip. Not sure they sell that here, but I can look at Michaels.

Length
    16/31/40+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Forgive me for the large pic, I'm still figuring out the clickable thumbnails. This is the first hair toy I ever made. I wore it once. I was a little bit of a hair grabber, as you might imagine from the unprotected coils of wire.

There are so many pretty pieces in this thread, and I know it's belated, but your metalcrafting is amazing Nightshade. Did you have to make a mold for that sword? Have you ever thought of trying powder-coating the metal for color? I saw it a motorcycle show and I thought it was great how the dyes actually bonded with the metal. But I don't know how it's work out for small pieces.

After reading this thread I want to learn more about trees so I can recognize a hardwood easily and start harvesting branches. I started stripping some corkscrew willow yesterday, but it's extremely soft. I'm hope the old addage of the willow bending while the others break will help them survive. The wood has some dark discoloration, but in a pretty pattern, with some mysterious red staining. I want to keep the pattern if I can. It will probably be a long curing process though, since they sat in the rain for months and under a pile of snow for a week.

I'm also working on another hair flower, but This time I'm keeping in mind that I need to avoid hair snags. It's a slow process, but I think might be a nice stick topper too.

Thank you all for information and inspiration.

Length
    BLS/class/tigh
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Sashay that's beautiful.
    How do you attach it to your hair?

Length
    16/31/40+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Thank you Katkero. There are shorter, unpainted tines in the back. Like a rough comb. You can barely see it standing on three of them. It's a little heavy with the agate, so I made sure it had a bump of hair to sit on.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sashay View Post

Forgive me for the large pic, I'm still figuring out the clickable thumbnails. This is the first hair toy I ever made. I wore it once. I was a little bit of a hair grabber, as you might imagine from the unprotected coils of wire.
    Very nice work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sashay View Post
    There are so many pretty pieces in this thread, and I know it's belated, but your metalcrafting is amazing Nightshade. Did you have to make a mold for that sword? Have you ever thought of trying powder-coating the metal for color? I saw it a motorcycle show and I thought it was great how the dyes actually bonded with the metal. But I don't know how it's work out for small pieces.
    Thank you so much Powder-coating would be a great idea, hopefully in the future I'll have the opportunity to try something like that