Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

I love this haircut! The only thing it hasn't handled well was this morning when I just let it air dry without doing anything with it because I knew I'd be using heat protectant and hot rollers later. It dried all fluffy and disheveled-looking. I'm not bothered. I know when I twirl a bit of curl creme through it, it air dries beautifully.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I am actively growing my hair right now, but some of my favorite people are on this thread!

Also, some day, I might be back to short and enjoying it, so I want to pick up tips while I can, so I hope you all don't mind if I lurk and comment on this thread occasionally.

Spidermom Oh my gosh! I love your hair! it looks so good and you look beautiful! I love the curls, the twist and the flower! Gorgeous!
    Last edited by ReadingRenee; December 14th, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post

I love this haircut! The only thing it hasn't handled well was this morning when I just let it air dry without doing anything with it because I knew I'd be using heat protectant and hot rollers later. It dried all fluffy and disheveled-looking. I'm not bothered. I know when I twirl a bit of curl creme through it, it air dries beautifully.
    Ooooh look at you! Sure looks pretty to me!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Great idea for a thread, I don't belong here as I'm on a quest for waist length hair, but I'm nosey

Spidermom, your hair looks great, it really suits you and I know I've said it before but you have such a lovely face. Don't worry I'll get it over it soon haha
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Spidermom, you look fabulous.

I'm so glad this thread was started. I'm still mixed about growing or cutting at this point. I intend to not trim or cut in 2017 which will take me to APL, but I may cut back again.
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm still happily growing, but I like seeing people's short hair, too, so I will be snooping! HAHA! There are a lot of shorter cuts that I find very cute, though I never seem to love how they look on my face and always end up regrowing. (I'm a serial haircutter and re-grower! LOL)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I want to see pictures of other people's styles, too.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Well, mine's super short and green right now. And a little flat in the pic, because I'd been wearing a hat. It generally stands straight out.

Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Anje, I've been thinking of going super short like you. In fact, I was sure I was going to in the summer for easy swimming maintenance but I just never got around to it and then the summer was over. Do you just buzz it yourself? I love green hair too.

Spidermom, your hair is so thick compared to the women in my life who are your age. Looks amazing, healthy, and fun and you style it well.

I'm growing, but it's not my priority. I meant to go to just above waist and kept going, because why not? I'm scared of short hair styling requirements. But I'm looking forward to trying keratin straightening, and if that works out maybe short styles will be more open to me. If it doesn't work out, I may be cutting back all the chemical induced damage! It's worth it to me to try: I'd much rather have smooth hair than long hair.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lou View Post
    Anje, I've been thinking of going super short like you. In fact, I was sure I was going to in the summer for easy swimming maintenance but I just never got around to it and then the summer was over. Do you just buzz it yourself? I love green hair too.
    Well, Hubby buzzed it for me the first time. I've taken it a few notches shorter since then on my own.

It's worth saying that I've probably gotten 3 or 4 salon cuts since I finished high school. I'd grow it for a few years, then get a bunch cut off; learning to trim it myself when I joined LHC was great because I didn't have to go through the hassle of dragging myself to a salon anymore! Doing it myself is pretty much in character for me.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!