Hi All,

It has been ages since I have been here. Anyway, I've been doing Moroccan Henna about 1-2x per year with a little V05 for kind of a cross between a gloss and a mud... and have been kind of lazy about it. The color is very subtle on the light warm brown that grows out of my head, so I can get away with stretching it out. I would just do full-head applications and let it fade between full-head applications. LAZYPANTS

Recently, I realized my hair was really misbehaving (scalp buildup, shedding, brittleness) and I looked in the mirror and felt drab, with no sun for a while to give me any copper highlights. I realized I was overdue for Henna. I did it, felt better immediately, and wondered why it took me so long to get my act together.

I was so pleased that I decided that 2018 is my year to finally ditch the biweekly curling iron and use herbs and oils to improve my texture so I can get past APL again. I was down to BSL about 8 years ago but my already fine, thin hair still had bad ends and I gave up on long hair for a couple years. I was up at a wedge cut again with lots of heat styling. Grew it out and went back to henna ~5 years ago. Now I'm back to APL almost by surprise, and am in good condition with the damage gone!

I am long enough to be well past the Dreaded Desert of Pyramid Head!

I got here by being too lazy to frequently style my hair as often. Well, duh.

And I'm about to turn 40 (gasp!) and I've decided that I'm just going to rock my curly hair for good. Why this was my last area of self-acceptance, nobody knows, but the good people here should understand....

So I'm thinking I want to do some proportion of Moroccan Henna, Cassia, Brahmi, and Hibiscus Powder as a treatment mud or gloss. My objectives:

• Smooth/loosen the curl pattern a bit and make them clump together rather than floating up like layers of frizzy tulle
  • Thicken and strengthen length and ends...more "glassy" if you know what I mean
  • Keep my Moroccan auburn but *not* verge into cherry cola or darker tones
  • Improve scalp health

So, I have wiggle room to do another full-head henna gloss without significant color change -- I can saturate my henna a bit more and I'll be fine with it.

What I'd love to hear from the community here is:

• What would be the ratios you suggest for a henna-cassia-brahmi-hibiscus blend, mixed with V05? Chamomile tea? Oils my hair likes, such as jojoba or coconut? How much hibiscus is safe to keep me in the warmer coppery reds?
  • Between henna roots applications, how might I blend cassia-brahmi-hibiscus for an allover treatment that will improve my shine, scalp, strength etc. without getting into permanent cherry cola territory? (Orange-to-copper looks best on me)
  • And how often should I do this non-henna treatment?

Thank you very much...I look forward to your ideas and advice. Much appreciated.

Tangocurl