Hello everyone! First of all, thank you for accepting me! I’ve been lurking around here for a while and as I’m trying to grow my hair long this forum is such an inspiration. I have always wanted and admired long hair. So I decided to join and contribute a little bit too. Also, I’m just learning English sorry for any mistakes. I’ll try to make myself understood the best I can.

The history of my hair:
As a kid, I always had short hair, never longer than shoulder length. As a teenager I just let it grow without any care until around BSL but it never grew longer than that. It was the typical “hair that never grows past certain length”, I knew I was because of breakage but I didn’t care.

Then a few years ago I got a pixie. Let it grow. Discovered all the curly hair care stuff and tarted taking better care of my hair (sulphate free, cone free, deep conditioning, layered cut). At first, I was really happy because It was the first time in my life I could actually enjoy my curls. But after a while, the regular layered cut was making my already fine and thin hair look thinner so I recently decided to even it up.

Last month in one of my multiples desires of chopping it all off I cut it at shoulder length. But I'm trying to grow it from there.

Here a few photos of my hair

(Left: June 2017. Right: December 2017 on my first try to even up the layers)

This is my hair right now

I’m still struggling to find the right routine (and texture!) for my hair. And I’m trying to keep myself far from the scissors so I don’t feel the urge to cut it again

Thank you for reading, hope to enjoy the community and be helpful