Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ChurchStreetAndLove

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: ChurchStreetAndLove

MusicalSpoons, I have noticed some of her listings don't ship here, either, so it's kinda hit and miss, but would message the seller if something on the no-ship list took my interest enough.

mwallingford, I'd love to see your new purchases! The rosewood helix especially had my attention, but I also love the look of the fork, too!

The only real downer with my own forks was the colour finish where they'd been touched or moved while drying, so have rough, blotchy or uneven bits. I gave the stick a buff and shine, and then oiled it, so it's much glassier now.

So here is everything in action:

Kinda like knucklebones..!

A budding flower:

Or blue swimmer crab claw...

And the bocote stick playing Where's Wally/Waldo prior to my spit and polish:
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

You did a great job refinishing those helix forks; there's a noticeable difference in the before and after pics! And the action shots. Funny enough, my mom likes the look of the fork while I prefer the look of the helix. I'll definitely get to those action pics by tomorrow! I've been trying to take pictures of the back of my head and its exhausting; I'm not sure how you guys are so good at it! It probably takes me 30 failed pictures to get one that's not TOO terrible...

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

(whoops, double post)

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    You did a great job refinishing those helix forks; there's a noticeable difference in the before and after pics! And the action shots. Funny enough, my mom likes the look of the fork while I prefer the look of the helix. I'll definitely get to those action pics by tomorrow! I've been trying to take pictures of the back of my head and its exhausting; I'm not sure how you guys are so good at it! It probably takes me 30 failed pictures to get one that's not TOO terrible...
    You should see my hairtoys albums... Hundreds of potential pics for the public... (lighting, fuzz, angle, bunsplosions) And then there are the ones that are good enough to be cropped... And then resized... There can be only one... Bahahahaha!

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    You should see my hairtoys albums... Hundreds of potential pics for the public... (lighting, fuzz, angle, bunsplosions) And then there are the ones that are good enough to be cropped... And then resized... There can be only one... Bahahahaha!
    That's got to be the best kept secret of TLHC! All of your action shots look flawless to me, probably held up by fantastic hair toys and magic

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Alrighty, lets see if this actually works;

Here is the three prong fork:

And the action shot:

Then the rosewood helix:

And its action shot:

ETA: Yay, it worked! Sorry the pictures are so big and blurry (don't know how to resize them and this is the best my outdated little flip phone can do).

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Oh, they're wonderful! I love both as they're offering different looks that I can't choose between! And bigger pics are fantastic for seeing things much more betters. I was wearing my blue and purple helix today, and it really is so light and reliable. My hair just doesn't budge, which is great considering it's so slippy and full of itself (um... bulky).

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Oh, they're wonderful! I love both as they're offering different looks that I can't choose between! And bigger pics are fantastic for seeing things much more betters. I was wearing my blue and purple helix today, and it really is so light and reliable. My hair just doesn't budge, which is great considering it's so slippy and full of itself (um... bulky).
    Thanks Crystawni! The different looks are fun to choose from, and offer a little variety in my teeny collection. I completely agree with you about the helix forks! As secure as the fork is, I feel like I could run a marathon and the helix wouldn't slip out, which is a very pleasant change since I also suffer from slippery hair syndrome/Houdini hair.

Oh, and would you mind if I asked you what kind of bun you're sporting in the bottom part of your postings? It's so pretty, and looks almost woven. I've been on a quest lately trying to find buns that work for me besides the nautilus and lazy wrap bun (mostly the lazy wrap bun though), and I either can't get them to work or my hair slides right out of it

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It's a Celtic Knot. Well, my version of one. I gave instructions to Sarahlabyrinth, and she's turned it into a YT tutorial.

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

It's a Celtic Knot. Well, my version of one. I gave instructions to Sarahlabyrinth, and she's turned it into a YT tutorial.
    Thank you! Come to think of it, I think I asked Sarahlabyrinth the same question, and then I watched her tutorial . (Note to self: PAY MORE ATTENTION!) They both look slightly different, but they're both beautiful! I think I almost have it down, but more practice is needed on my part...