Quote Originally Posted by GettingThere View Post
Hello all! I am actually a long time member of the forum... The last time I was here it looked waaay different! I originally joined in 2003 (wow!) after finding you guys while growing out completely trashed hair from multiple dye jobs and just plain not knowing how to take care of long hair. I grew out to waist length, maybe even almost tailbone length, virgin hair. Then, in 2013 I got divorced, moved and did the typical freaking out woman thing and cut my hair... To above my shoulders. I dyed it red. I did everything I knew not to do. I have spent several years growing it again, but it's just not as healthy as it used to be. I did switch to henna after a few times with conventional dyes . Now I'm about a year into no henna or dye at all. But I'm so confused about how I ever took care of my hair at all. Lol.

I am currently using a diluted suave shampoo. And all kinds of conditioners. My hair sometimes likes cones... And I can never seen to get it to feel silky and soft without them. I also do a dilute ACV between my shampoo and conditioner pretty much every day (I shampoo almost every day). Leave ins are iffy. I remember I used to mist a lot and I'm going to start again. I also used to use a few drops of mineral oil on the ends after a wash. But I have mixed results when I do that now. ��.

So I guess I'm here to start the journey to tailbone length healthy hair again. ��. I look forward to learning a lot and experimenting again!

Woa it's been a long time for you to be here right Welcome back! Just wanna say that it's good to see how you get throught your sadness and start to grow out your hair again, I hope you feel much better and happier now. Really love your hair though, it look so long and beautiful