So 8 months ago i did a strand test with bleach. I used 20 volume developer and regular powder bleach and left in in for an hour.
My hair has been hennaed before so from around chin level its hennaed , but very faded.

The results was REALLY blonde in the virgin hair and a light copper on the rest.
So i threw caution to the winds and did one more bleach session, wich i also left in for an hour to se if i could lift the copper some more, to no avail.

And honestly my strand test felt just fine afterwards,and seemingly its doing just fine still. Not really noticed any dryness or extra splitting.
Around christmas time i dyed my hair with Manic Panic infra red, but that has finally started to fade, the bleached stripe is still quite red though.
I read on the forum that bleach damage may take time to show it self , around 1-2 years. Any one else experienced this?

I separated my strand test so it was more visible

Comparing my bleached strand next to

Sorry for the bad pictures btw, does not show my hair at its best

I have wanted to do balayage highlights in my hair for 8 years now, but holding of incase my hair goes snap and poof.
If i where to do a balayage it would not need to be a full hour application, certainly not 2 , as i want a natural, sunkissed look.

What do you guys think, should i belive my strand test and proceed or hold off?