Thread: Henna Stand Test

Length
    Chin/shlr/hip

Default Henna Stand Test

Hi! I just did my strand test for my first henna. But I didn't really see much of a change in the color of my hair. Could you help me pinpoint what I might have done?

I used BAQ yemeni henna and indigo. I mixed the henna with a splash of lemon juice and let it sit for 12 hours. Then I tested it and it turned my skin orange. Then I mixed and added the indigo. I put it on the strand test and put it in my pocket for 4 hours.

After washing, the blonde is a really really light red and the brown looks the exact same shade. Will it change colors with more applications. Or do some hairs just not uptake the dye? Any tips on helping hair take in more dye?

Thank you!
    Toni
    4 years at LHC. Previously to waist, but starting a new! Glad to be back! Now BSL! Goals: Chin Shoulder APL BSL Waist

Length
    12/25/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Henna Stand Test

The lighter hairs will be brighter orange/red. Depending on how dark your hair is, will determine how much red will show. And the added indigo will make it browner instead of redder. ( I have only use straight henna once and not tried any indigo) I would suggest keep trying differant mixes on strand tests. Maybe less indigo and more henna if you are wanting more color?

Before my big chop 2 years ago.....would have been to classic or fingertip by now. Well growing again....

Length
    Chin/shlr/hip

Thank you!
    4 years at LHC. Previously to waist, but starting a new! Glad to be back! Now BSL! Goals: Chin Shoulder APL BSL Waist

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Go out in the sun and see if you notice a difference, my hair flames red in the sun
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.