Thread: Natural Shampoo Alternatives

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Natural Shampoo Alternatives

HotRag, do not tell me you eat egg white without the yolk I know it´s theoretically possible to do that... but... but... but they just taste better complete and I do not like to save up half an egg for baking sometime later, probably a long time later , when I can use it up complete and get better results with it, too. And general lack of dogs in my house, just a picky cat who seems to hate eggs in general. She even avoids me on hairwash days - ahem... anyways.

I found this reference about egg-facts, maybe you´ll find them interesting:
    Nutrient Breakdown
    Learn more about eggs
    In conclusion: The yolk contains all of the fat in an egg and with about 33% of the weight it contains a little less than half of it´s protein. It´s responsible for the emulsifying properties (lecithin) also. So the yolk is the protein and fat bomb in the egg and acts as the cleansing agent as well.
    edited to add: If you have ever made your own mayonnaise you will know how much oil a simple egg yolk can emulsify "away". It´s a lot.
    The egg white contains the majority of the sulfur (reduction of shedding and growth stimulating andsoon) and lowers the cleaning effect of the egg when used as a wholeeggshampoo. Makes the recipe less harsh. That´s why you do not need to add oil or water to my version of the egg shampoo. Egg yolk based shampoos are either very good cleansers which possibly act drying - or need to contain additional oil / be watered down to make the shampoo more balanced.

Sure you can get your hair clean with 1001 different methods, the point is more how gentle it is to long hair and how oneself personally likes the preparing, usage and result of a recipe. So it´s mainly just a matter of taste and that´s just how I prefer my eggs (sounds , lol) and why.
    Last edited by Finoriel; November 5th, 2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added mayonnaises sentence