Hi everyone! I recently joined the LHC after months of reading posts. Everyone has a story with their hair, and I'd like to hear your's if you would be willing to share! What made you want to grow your hair long? How has your perspective on hair care and hair health changed throughout your hair growth journey?

Throughout my life I've struggled to embrace my naturally curly hair. I've worn it short (ear-length) for the past 5 years and it hasn't been past my shoulders since I was a very young child. Well, now I have decided to grow my hair as long as possible. In the past when I've tried to grow it out, I became frustrated and cut it off again and again, but this time I am determined. Having thick 3b hair also means that I was often the subject of back-handed compliments or negative attention growing up. Although I would love to someday have waist-length curls, my ultimate goal is to learn to love my natural hair, and take care of it properly. I am giving up using heat on my hair to straighten it, and looking to learn how to keep my hair strong and healthy. I want to thank the LHC for inspiring me! There are so many lovely long-haired folks on here with all kinds of hair textures. I look forward to this new journey in my life!