Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Major Milestone Thread

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: The Major Milestone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Congratulations, Sandy, that's so exciting! Are you going to keep growing or is knee your final goal?
    Thanks lapis! I'm going to continue with my current schedule of micro trimming with no specific length goal except to get to the point where it looks KL without stretching. It works for me and I am definitely seeing improvement in the hemline. I really want to thicken that up. Fine hair that compresses and also went through a bit of a shed from covid, but there's a lot of new growth in the temple area. Calf isn't off the table

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    That’s great news! What a milestone!
    Thank you! So excited to be here
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I'm bumping this thread. I just reached my first major milestone since joining and it's possibly my last, so I'm posting here and will also be in the length specific threads. I reached KNEE finally! I measure stretched and very slightly misted due to my waves to make measuring easier.
    Congratulations SandyBottom That's an awesome milestone and it must be so satisfying to reach!
    overall: SL>>>APL>>>BSL>>>WL>>>HL>>>BCL>>>TBL
    natural: 0>>>EL>>>CL>>>SL

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Congratulations SandyBottom That's an awesome milestone and it must be so satisfying to reach!
    Yes, cookies, very satisfying! Thank you!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Thanks lapis! I'm going to continue with my current schedule of micro trimming with no specific length goal except to get to the point where it looks KL without stretching. It works for me and I am definitely seeing improvement in the hemline. I really want to thicken that up. Fine hair that compresses and also went through a bit of a shed from covid, but there's a lot of new growth in the temple area. Calf isn't off the table
    Yes, microtrimming is such a satisfying process, it's fun to see where it takes you. And what extra length might follow haha! See you on the Knee and Beyond thread
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; July 4th, 2023 at 05:01 PM.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Wow congrats! What a dream

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Thanks Bat! I'm really having fun with the whole hair thing!

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I reached hip, which is longest ever (since childhood). I had waist length before as the longest length, and I'm really enjoying now that each new inch is a new experience My hair also feels long enough that I'm not obsessing over it (which I didn't really do this time anyway, it just kind of sneaked up on me.
    I do S&D sometimes, I wash and condition about every two (or even three) weeks, I don't do much else to my hair. I want to learn new buns and up-do's for longer lengths as I imagine I will be wearing it up more as it gets longer. I don't have a set goal, but I think Classic or fingertip length would be beautiful. Maybe fingertip, as it would give the "modesty cover" from the front But I really don't know where I will end up, at what length does it start to feel like too much?

I'm just enjoying my hair now and curious about how it will feel like even longer!

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I reached hip, which is longest ever (since childhood). I had waist length before as the longest length, and I'm really enjoying now that each new inch is a new experience My hair also feels long enough that I'm not obsessing over it (which I didn't really do this time anyway, it just kind of sneaked up on me.
    I do S&D sometimes, I wash and condition about every two (or even three) weeks, I don't do much else to my hair. I want to learn new buns and up-do's for longer lengths as I imagine I will be wearing it up more as it gets longer. I don't have a set goal, but I think Classic or fingertip length would be beautiful. Maybe fingertip, as it would give the "modesty cover" from the front But I really don't know where I will end up, at what length does it start to feel like too much?

I'm just enjoying my hair now and curious about how it will feel like even longer!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Congratulations on HL, Wingspan! It sounds like you're in a good place hair-wise and have an uncomplicated routine also. "At what length does it start to feel like too much?" I think that will vary depending on each person's individual situation based on a number of factors, but you'll know it if/when you get there Until then, enjoy!

The longest my hair has ever been is MBL. I am APL now, and I reckon it is another 5" until MBL. After that I will grow it more! I am in the no trim for 2024. I have not cut my hair since 30 June 2022.